Is there a beach or club that is NOT rocky?

princeryanandevan

Hi all - I've been doing research on Cozumel beaches for our cruise in November. We are really interested in an all-inclusive that has a pool and a beautiful beach. I've been reading a lot on this board that the beaches in Cozumel are very rocky and that you need water shoes. Does anyone have any recent experience at a beach in Cozumel that is NOT rocky? Even better if it was at a beach club/resort.

TIA,

Barbara

Hi all - I've been doing research on Cozumel beaches for our cruise in November. We are really interested in an all-inclusive that has a pool and a beautiful beach. I've been reading a lot on this board that the beaches in Cozumel are very rocky and that you need water shoes. Does anyone have any recent experience at a beach in Cozumel that is NOT rocky? Even better if it was at a beach club/resort.

TIA,

Barbara

Unfortunately no.

The West side (commercial side) of Cozumel faces the mainland...so it does not get the wave action to really "break down" the rocks into smooth sand.

All the beach clubs are on the West side.

The East side has smoother sand...but it is more primitive. No electricity etc

so no pools.

I have never been to Nachi Cocom, but have read lots of good reports. It does have a pool and a swim up bar and is an all inclusive. $49.00 a person for all you can drink and one 3 course meal. Snorkeling is also available with an additional charge.

TIA,

Barbara

No not all are rocky, the further south or at the northern end are sandy.

What about Pasion Isle? It looks sandy, though it may be artificial. I'm going in October so I'll try to do a review!

Donna

You will find it is sandy, I have been twice in last six months and never seen a rock.

No not all are rocky, the further south or at the northern end are sandy.

You will find it is sandy, I have been twice in last six months and never seen a rock.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Ken - do you know which beach clubs are further south or at the northern end? My kids won't be happy with a lot of rocks!

Thanks again,

Barbara

Archived