Dress Code 2nd Seating Dinner?

AlanAD62

We stayed at the G Nugget last time, but I don't think we will be staying again. I think we will do MGM this time. I love their pools. Not that we need pools in January. lol.

I hear ya....we just have all these points etc...at GN, have for years. Our fav is and always will be for some reason Mirage. It just kinda holds a special place for us. Pools are heated in January right :p:p

you can throw that in their, fine by me ;) But you know as well as I do that there are very nice capri's (that I happen to own a few) and there is the cotton easily wrinkled kind. The dining room is full of us ladies wearing both kinds. You can hate capri's no skin off my back!!

If the OP is talking about wearing shorts in the dining room, I especially think that capri's will work for them :)

Ok, I had to come back to explain. I just think they are ugly (capri's I mean). I tell my wife that all the time, but she doesn't listen to me either, she wears them.:rolleyes:

Hey Fitz,

FYI the Equinox Crusie for December '09 that you were thinking of doing isn't sold out; it was just a glitch on Celebrity's web site that it wasn't listed for a few days. It is back up now and most cabin types are available and the prices are still approximately the same as when I booked a couple months ago.

Ok, I had to come back to explain. I just think they are ugly (capri's I mean). I tell my wife that all the time, but she doesn't listen to me either, she wears them.:rolleyes:

ok ok ok I get it :p

Is there anything you wear that bugs your wife? LOL!!

Shorts arn't supposed to be worn, though people do.

My dad and brother always put on a nice pair of black pants or kackies and a button up or polo. Luckly we do a good number of nice dinners, vactions, parties ect so we don't have to buy the stuff.

I wear cute skirts and a sundress. My mom a dress, skirt or nice pant set.

I can't imagine how hard it will be to get my boyfriend to wear this stuff this coming cruise...hes a jeans and band t-shirt kinda guy. lol. Thank goodness there are a couple good thrift stores around hehe! My brother's girlfriend will be fine....there's always one it a group. haha

On a fashion show last year, I think it may have been Oprah, They said unless you have long slim legs you shouldn't wear capris. They make you look shorter and heavier. I don't have long slim legs so I never wear them.:D LOL

Were I to sail RCI again, the last of my worries would be what to wear in the dining room.

We just came off the Majesty a few days ago, and was shocked at how people dressed for dinners! Most looked like they were going to the local McDonalds!

On formal night, our dining companions were all dressed in shorts and tee shirts. We had a large table, the three of us dressed up, but felt way overdressed due to our table mates. It was very strange.

If my DH told me to not wear something because HE didn't like it.....well you can guess what would happen next! LOL!

Am more concerned if my husband LIKES what I wear... If I actually dressed like he would want me to dress (mini-skirt, tight, low cut top, fishnet tights etc.etc), then I would look like a hooker! :o

HOWEVER...I have every right to tell him how to dress :D:p

Definitely... my husband wouldn't know how to put his underwear on unless I told him... He runs his own successful, software business, but can barely dress himself :rolleyes: (I guess sort of "Bill Gates" but without the money... :D ).

So I dress me and I dress him - works well! ;)

Boo

If my DH told me to not wear something because HE didn't like it.....well you can guess what would happen next! LOL!

HOWEVER...I have every right to tell him how to dress :D:p

Women need to tell the men how to dress. Unless of course, the man is gay. :D

What is it about cruise ship dining rooms that they are in a time warp? I enjoy going to some of the finer restaurants at Disney World, and shorts are certainly welcome. That's how most of the guests are dressed. Never felt out of place--I'm on vacation after all. I hope some day the cruise ships get more relaxed, as a cruise should be relaxing and not about impressing others. 'Course a cruise shouldn't be about disgusting others either--e.g. I'm glad swim suits are not allowed in the dining room.

I wear khakis and a golf shirt in cruise ship dining rooms because that's the rule, but can't say I enjoy it. Am I the only one who dislikes dressing up to eat dinner?

I love dressing up for dinner. Blame it on genetics since I"m female! I wear nice sundresses and dolly up with the jewelry every night. Formal night is my favorite! My daughters love dressing up as well, and my husband does a wonderful job. I guess it depends on the person. My feeling is, they give us guidelines...follow them. There is always room service or Windjammer if you'd rather wear shorts, and that's okay!

What is it about cruise ship dining rooms that they are in a time warp? I enjoy going to some of the finer restaurants at Disney World, and shorts are certainly welcome. That's how most of the guests are dressed. Never felt out of place--I'm on vacation after all. I hope some day the cruise ships get more relaxed, as a cruise should be relaxing and not about impressing others. 'Course a cruise shouldn't be about disgusting others either--e.g. I'm glad swim suits are not allowed in the dining room.

I wear khakis and a golf shirt in cruise ship dining rooms because that's the rule, but can't say I enjoy it. Am I the only one who dislikes dressing up to eat dinner?

I believe Carnival has gone this way. Because of the extra bag charges on airlines they are doing away with formal nights.

I also wear shorts to the nicer places in Disney. I enjoy dressing up for dinner on the ships. The nice thing about it is you don't have to. You can go to the buffets in shorts.

Please say it isn't so. Men in tight cropped pants. Ugly:eek:

No, not tight. lol. They refer to them as men's capri's, but they are more like long shorts. I have some. But they are not tight at all. They are just long shorts that go past my knees. Capri's do not have to be tight for women, either.

No, not tight. lol. They refer to them as men's capri's, but they are more like long shorts. I have some. But they are not tight at all. Capri's do not have to be tight for women, either.

They were very popular in Europe last week, saw many men in them.

No, not tight. lol. They refer to them as men's capri's, but they are more like long shorts. I have some. But they are not tight at all. They are just long shorts that go past my knees. Capri's do not have to be tight for women, either.

No. We are not talking about the same thing.:eek: Last summer while vacationing at the Grand Canyon we saw quite a few men with the capris on. They were low, tight and mid way between the knee and ankle. Right across the center of the calf. Of course these men were thin.(thank God).:D We couldn't help but laugh.;)

Archived