just booked serenade of the seas southern caribbean

jmdmd

Hubby and I just booked the serenade of the seas southern caribbean cruise for november. i am so excited!

havent cruised since college spring break, so this should be a completely different experience

what kind of weather should i be expecting in november?

does RC have formal nights in the dining room, and if so how formal?

so excited... please share any thoughts on the ship or the cruise itself - destinations are st maarten, antigua, st thomas, st lucia, barbados and leaves and arrives in san juan puerto rico

Weather in November in the Southern Caribbean should be nice and warm!!

You'll have 2 formal nights, usually it's the 2nd night and the 6th night of the cruise. You'll find most men dressed in suits or tuxes. You'll find most women wearing a cocktail dress or formal dress, or a nice pantsuit.

It's a great itinerary. Here are some of my favorite things to do at the ports:

St. Thomas - take the ferry over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay

St. Maarten - look into the America's Cup Regatta through the ship or take a taxi to Maho Beach to watch the planes

Antigua - Eli's Eco Tour www.adventureantigua.com is a fabulous combination of a shoreline tour, hiking, swimming, and snorkeling - you can do as much or as little as you want.

St. Lucia - Absolutely do a tour through Cosol www.cosol-tour.com He takes you everywhere and is really friendly and knowledgeable.

Barbados - snorkeling and swimming with the sea turtles on the Silver Moon www.oceanadventure.bb

Since Wrona covered the itinerary thoroughly and ditto to her suggestions, I will tell you what a wonderful and beautiful ship. Click on the link in my signature for Alaska for a ton of pictures of the ship. I just got off her sister ship Jewel on Saturday and they are all my favorites.

Hubby and I just booked the serenade of the seas southern caribbean cruise for november. i am so excited!

havent cruised since college spring break, so this should be a completely different experience

what kind of weather should i be expecting in november?

does RC have formal nights in the dining room, and if so how formal?

so excited... please share any thoughts on the ship or the cruise itself - destinations are st maarten, antigua, st thomas, st lucia, barbados and leaves and arrives in san juan puerto rico

What week are you onboard? We are doing a back to back on Serenade the weeks of 11-21-09 and 11-28-09. If it is one of them come on over to the roll call and visit for awhile.:cool:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. We are all here to help in any way we can.

We are sailing on the Serenade on 9/22. If you are on this sailing please join our thread and sign up for the Meet and Mingle too. Even if you are not on our sailing go to the RCI M & M site scroll down to the Serenade and find your sailing and join in the pre sail preparations.

We have done this itinerary quite a few times and truly enjoy the islands.

We cruise the Caribbean every November and it is always great weather and hot!!!

We have done cruises out of Puerto Rico about 6 times and the itinerary is great.

The formal nights do exist and they are fun (in my opinion). We dress very formal (tux and gown), others just suit/ties and dresses. Sometimes even people have come in khakis and polo shirt.

The Serenade is an okay ship, we usually do the Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico. We prefer the Voyager class.

We do will be doing this cruise in November.

Have a good day!!

Archived