Does Royal Caribbean stay on ship time in ports or local port time ?????

wrp96- Thanks Wrona, one less mystery to wonder about. :)

kimbiak- So far (granted just two) it seems like the good operators are aware that there are differences in time aboard the various ships. They know when a ship will arrive according to the port time of course.

When we were in St Thomas, Tammy from VISnuba was aware of the time we would arrive and we had no problems meeting up with her at Coral World. Also, Major Tom in Belize was very much aware of port times and kept a very close eye on the clock to be sure we had plenty of time to return to the ship safely.

Good tour guide will take good care of you. Bad ones go out of business.

... the good operators are aware that there are differences in time aboard the various ships. They know when a ship will arrive according to the port time of course...

Good tour guide will take good care of you. Bad ones go out of business.

I second this from personal experience. I was part of a privately contacted van in Puerto Lemon, Costa Rica and we didn't realize that there was a difference in ship time and port time, but our guide did and was there to meet us when the ship pulled in despite that being an hour earlier than we had told him.

Even more amazing: Last December I was on a cruise that had a port dropped [security reasons]. When we were told we would be in the next port at 10am rather than the originally scheduled 1pm our coordinator for our private tour [not me] emailed the private guide and arranged Plan B [an extended tour]. Then it was announced that in fact we were to arrive at 1pm [probably to save fuel], so once again the guide was contacted, and back to Plan A. Then a crew member developed appendicitis and we sped up and arrived early morning. The local guide knew BEFORE we did that the ship was getting in early, and emailed offering to go back to Plan B [the longer day] if we wished. We did wish, and had a nice full day tour.

I can't guarantee that all guides will be quite as much on top of things, but I'm 2 for 2!

• 5 years later...