Can a TA buy wine at a cheaper price for me?

newlu

Hi,

I know I've seen this before, but now I cannot find it. Can I ask my TA to purchase wines for me because she can get a cheaper price? We are 6 adults who enjoy wine, so I would be purchasing 10-12 bottles.

Thanks

newlu

Yes, there are specials that a travel agent can order for you. The choice is a 3 bottle package of Twin Oaks by Woodbridge wines (you can select once you get onboard which bottles, cab, chardonnay or White Zin) This is for 64.50. Another choice is the Around the World with 5 wines for 106.00 which includes wines from 5 different countries, white and red ( you can select from a list which you want at your table).

Those are the only two that is offered to agents at a discount.

Yes, there are specials that a travel agent can order for you. The choice is a 3 bottle package of Twin Oaks by Woodbridge wines (you can select once you get onboard which bottles, cab, chardonnay or White Zin) This is for 64.50. Another choice is the Around the World with 5 wines for 106.00 which includes wines from 5 different countries, white and red ( you can select from a list which you want at your table).

Those are the only two that is offered to agents at a discount.

it looks to me like you can buy a drink coupon (for 4 drinks) for 21.50 as well and then turn IT in for a bottle of wine.

the 64.50 / 3 is 21.50 as well. so, this is another option to get it at a cheaper rate... if you want to select them once you are actually on the cruise.

If you order the wine packages ahead of time, are they delivered to your cabin or are they kept by the server for dinner? If they keep them, do you have to pay the corkage fee?

Also, if you use the 4 drink coupons for a bottle of wine, where is that delivered and do you have to pay the corkage fee?

mom7

If you order the wine packages ahead of time, are they delivered to your cabin or are they kept by the server for dinner? If they keep them, do you have to pay the corkage fee?

Also, if you use the 4 drink coupons for a bottle of wine, where is that delivered and do you have to pay the corkage fee?

mom7

You will receive a card in your cabin that the wine package will be served to you in the dining room unless you request otherwise. You do not pay corkage fees on any wine purchased through Carnival.

You can give your drink coupons to the server at dinner to receive your bottle of wine. You also may be able to trade them at the bars for a bottle of wine, but I am not sure. The only time you might be charged with a corkage fee is when you bring your own wine to the dining room. We have personally never been charged a corkage fee and have taken many bottles of wine into the dining room on various cruises.

Archived