I'm a lost newbie. Your help would be appreciated

PanAnna

I have/had a Mariner of the Seas cruise booked for 12/14/2008 since March. Final payment is due the first week of October.

In planning for this cruise, I applied for the Royal Visa card and already had earned $250 OBC and requested my certificate and sent it off to the address on the back of the certificate.

It now looks like I am going to lose my job and will need to be finding a shorter, less expensive cruise for our 16th anniversary (if not cancelling altogether). Consequently, we are looking at taking a 4-day (Grandeur) instead of Mariner (and I think my heart is broken, bye bye balcony).

Will Royal Caribbean be willing to transfer my $250 in OBC from Mariner to Grandeur if I do wind up having to transfer my booking?

I'm trying to find out all the facts before my husband and I make the final decision before next week since time is of the essence.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you might have.

First, from a fellow Floridian...I'm soooo sorry to hear your news. It is tough everywhere, but I think we've been hit in Florida especially hard by the economic downturn in the country.

Second...that is a good question. I don't have an answer, but my advice would be to call RCI and ask them directly. I would like to say that they would, because it really shouldn't matter what ship you are on.

Let us know how you make out.

Sorry to hear about your job. I can relate!!

Did you book direct with RC? Call them and ask how to go about this and to make sure they transfer your OBC. If you booked through a TA they will have to do all that for you as RC will not assist you since you do not own the booking.

Good luck and hope all turns out OK for you :) :)

Definitely call and ask. I once sent the coupons from the credit card in really late, and they were great about finding the UPS package in time and making sure they were credited. They said that if they couldn't find them, they would credit them back to my account, so my hard-earned OBC would not just go poof! Since it sounds like you OBC vouchers are already showing in the system, I don't see why they wouldn't move them to a new booking if necessary.

Archived