Question about a back to back

we did the same thing a number of yrs back on the adventure of the sea's...no we did not leave our bags out the night before the first cruise ended...our cabin steward came to our room on the last morning and moved all of our packed bags to a holding area and when our new room was ready we carted them to the new room...we did not have the same room steward the second week...went from a balcony room to a jr suite...also gave the room steward $25...for handling this...they also had a special lounge near the ice rink where we were able to hang out for a while until our room was ready...we were in our new room by 10:45 and they started boarding the 2nd week new passangers around 11:30...it was a pretty smooth process...and well worth the $25...but we had to pack and re-pack ourselves...

We are in the same situation next month on Independence (B2B with room change), and I have a few questions:

1. Mikeblum - how do you handle getting the new Seapass, etc. Didn't see where you did this.

2. Do you need to do a complete pack up, or can things be on hangers, etc.

3. I booked my two separately. Should RC be informed before the cruise that we're doing a B2B?

We transferred hanging clothes to a clothes rack our steward obtained and moved them when our new room was ready along with our packed bags.

We also had to leave the ship so that customs could clear it, had our picture taken and a new Sea Pass issued.

We were going from an inside to an OV and the two reservations were made at a different times and never had a problem.

We are in the same situation next month on Independence (B2B with room change), and I have a few questions:

1. Mikeblum - how do you handle getting the new Seapass, etc. Didn't see where you did this.

2. Do you need to do a complete pack up, or can things be on hangers, etc.

3. I booked my two separately. Should RC be informed before the cruise that we're doing a B2B?

Here is a short thread about B2Bs .......... only 28 posts but lots of great info:

Enjoy :)

We have done a lot of back to back cruises and even one B2B2B (36 days in all).

One thing I don't think has been mentioned before. Be sure to give your gratuities at the end of the first cruise, especially if you are likely to be giving above the suggested minimum. Believe me, you will be 'remembered' on the second cruise.

Archived