Voyager Food

seawise

Have just come off the Voyager Cruise and was very disappointed with the food.

Everyone we spoke to during the cruise was of a similar opinion, were we just unfortunate or has the food standard declined on RCL.

Also after dinner we requested an Irish Coffee, it came in glass mug as a milky coffee with a spray of cream on top and a hint of spirit in the taste, we were gobsmacked!

Chris

Have just come off the Voyager Cruise and was very disappointed with the food.

Everyone we spoke to during the cruise was of a similar opinion, were we just unfortunate or has the food standard declined on RCL.

Also after dinner we requested an Irish Coffee, it came in glass mug as a milky coffee with a spray of cream on top and a hint of spirit in the taste, we were gobsmacked!

Chris

princess has better quality and variety then rccl. also shows and bands superior to rccl

jjannuke

We were on the 10/17 cruise and although it was always presented beautifully, we too were disappointed in the food. We didn't go in with high expectations - it just turned out that way. I think the menus were just not very good. Most nights we had to really study it to find something we wanted to try.

The exception was the last night when the menu was great ... that night we had a hard time trying to narrow down our selection to just one thing! Although we did do two appetizers :) I will also say that overall, their desserts were much better than our prior cruise on Disney.

We were also a little disappointed that they didn't have a kid's menu. They had all the kid stuff - chicken fingers and spaghetti, but it was a little overwhelming for DS (6) when our waiter rattled off the kid stuff in addition to trying to talk him into trying something on the adult menu. Would have been easier if we'd been able to read the options to him and give DS a little time to think about it.

Anyway, we still had a wonderful time. The one good thing about it was that we didn't gain weight!

We were on the Voyager in June and thought the food to be similar to our Enchantment cruise. We enjoyed the food on both cruises, but still think Carnival's to be better overall in the dining room. We did like the buffet food better on the Voyager than on any other cruise we've taken.

Our complaint was the service in the dining areas. There were long lines in the buffet (yes, to be expected) but then the tables weren't cleared off quickly so it was often difficult to find a clean place to sit. In the dining room, we had the bad luck of being the only 2 to show up to our table for 8 EVERY night. I'm not sure if that was the reason, but we just thought our waiter and assistant waiter were not as friendly and attentive as the service we had on the Enchantment.

I've found good and bad on every cruise, but nothing so far that would stop me from cruising!! :D

Archived