luggage in Athens

One solution is to hire a driver for the day to pick you at at the port, do some touring of Athens and then get dropped off at the airport. We are doing something similar next month when we disembark in Piraeus ... we'll do a tour of the Peloponnese area with a driver and have him drop us off at our hotel in Athens at the end of the day. Costs for a day with a private driver are fairly reasonable in Athens (compared to Italy) and he has assured us that our luggage will be safe in the trunk of his car.

Otherwise you could take a taxi into central Athens, spend the day there and then take the metro or a taxi to the airport. I haven't heard of luggage storage in Athens, but if you don't get advice on that here, you could post the question on Tripadvisor where 'local experts' often respond to questions. I think there is luggage storage in Piraeus and at the airport, but to leave your luggage at either of these places and do some sightseeing in between will probably mean a lot of backtracking.

We used Athens Taxi http://www.athenstaxi.org/ last week. I arranged for him to pick us up and have a tour in the morning as we were staying at a hotel and couldn't check in until afternoon. He was waiting at the dock on arrival and we toured for several hours before being dropped at the hotel. He (Paul or his son Jimmy) does full day tours as well. We used them to pick us up at the hotel and take us to the airport on our last day. I highly recommend them. (found them originally on this board)

Archived