hair dryers on connie

teegeezfun

hi ladies, can someone share their experience with the availablity and quality of hair dryers in inside cabins. i think i read somewhere that the hairdryers are not that great. will probably bring my own, as it is a curling brush type dryer. there are plugs in the bathrooms i hope.

I haven't been on the Constellation, but I have been on 6 different ships. My consensus would be, take your own if you have hair that takes a while to dry. If this ship has the type that is in the bathroom attached to the wall and looks like a vacuum cleaner hose, make sure you take your own, those hoses get so hot you can't hold onto them. I admit I have hair that takes a long time to dry, DH would never get into the bathroom if I had to dry my hair in there. If you are happy with the type of hair dryer most hotels have available, you would be fine with the ships' hair dryer. Whenever I don't take my travel dryer, I'm very disappointed.

Just to add, there is usually one outlet in the bathroom. There will also be an outlet on the "vanity/desk" and is much more convenient to use. Some people like to take along an extension cord, or multiple prong adapter.

Connie,

Unfortunately, on Constellation the only outlet in the bathroom is a shaver-only outlet. The other outlet is by the desk/vanity. I've heard lots of people say they take a power strip to get around the shortage of outlets.

In Concierge class, there are two hairdryers - the vacuum-hose one on the bathroom wall, and a pretty good hand-held salon-type blowdryer in the desk drawer. I think suites have the extra hairdryer as well. Regular cabins just have the vacuum-hose thingy. It does get too hot to hold, and it doesn't do a very good job on anything but short hair. It sounds like you would be happier if you took your regular hairdryer with you.

Lisa

It is on the vanity in the cabin, not in the bathroom.

Can't remember if it was "hard wired" or if you could simply unplug it and use it anywhere.

It worked OK on my medium-length hair. It was paddle-shaped, as opposed to the usual pistol-shaped dryers that most of us use.

I liked using it at the vanity instead of the bathroom anyway. Freed up the bathroom for other uses, and I didn't get so hot.

T

Archived