All things Solstice

caribbeanboy

Longboysfan,

To correct, regular CC'rs are on the 2 night pre-inaugural cruise as well.

We are not TA's nor special friends. The cruise is a fully revenued chartered cruise that anyone can purchase.

Luckly, we added in the inaugural as well, so its 9 nights for us. Next yr, its inaugural season aboard the Equinox for 13 nights to the Western Med. We plan between the 2 nighter and 7 nighter to check out cabins when people disembark. So should get a good idea of balcony, lounge seating, aft and suites as well.

How nice........ Good for you.

Was that a published sailing? I did not see anything on that short cruises.

DH and I are very excited about Solstice. More so than any of our previous Celebrity sailings. Can't wait to try all of the dining options. It's also nice to see the change in the overall colors throughout the ship. I can't wait to see the main dining room, very old Hollywood! I'll also report back on our observations. Shipmates have organized a cabin crawl so we'll get to see all classes of cabins - WE'RE SO EXCITED!!!!

Patty

Do they open into the hallway because they're recessed back? I'd be surprised if they just opened into the hallway if they were flush with the wall. But I could be incorrect. I guess we won't know until the first cruisers report back to us.

Do they open into the hallway because they're recessed back? I'd be surprised if they just opened into the hallway if they were flush with the wall. But I could be incorrect. I guess we won't know until the first cruisers report back to us.

DH and I watched the Cruise Diary videos posted on "Sky Travel" and it appears as though the cabin doors are recessed from the hallway, so there shouldn't be too many accidents.:eek: With all of the time, effort and thought put into planning Solstice (and any new cruise ship, for that matter), I'm sure that this something that was deliberately thought out and planned. As others have posted elsewhere, doors that open out will allow for an unobstructed entranceway into the cabins with (hopefully) less waste of precious cabin space.:D

Howdy everyone,

I am so excited that someone started this site so we that are SO excited about sailing on the Solstice can share it with others!! We (myself, husband, daughter and son-in-law) are sailing on May 4th so there is alot (unfortunately) of time yet but at least we will have lots of opportunities to read everyones comments and see all the pictures before we sail.

We will be sailling concierge class...haven't done that before but it was recommended by a friend that has sailed with Celebrity several times before.

We have sailed with RCCL, Princess, and a small cruise line in Egypt and are very excited about this new adventure on CC as well as on a new ship.

We will be doing the eastern med. on our cruise...any suggestions on what not to miss or what not to do? Our port is Rome both coming and going and we are going to do 3 days pre-cruise to enjoy the sights in Rome.

Eager to hear from more folks :o

The Solstice will begin on her transatlantic crossing to Ft.Lauderdale on Nov 24.

I think you mean Oct 24 after the hand over to Celebrity. :confused:

Does any one know her itinary to F Lauderdale ?.

She is NOT calling at Sampton U.k or New York U.S, I think she will take a southern crossing and call at her cruise ports, ie St Kitts, St Marten, San JUan etc to practise docking and say Hello:cool: and provide hospitality to local dignataries etc.

Most ships do this, and they have plaques or certificates to commemorate there 1st call at a port. These are on show on the bridge or inside on the promanade deck, and are dated up to 2wks before the maiden voyage.

RICH

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/09-29-2008/0004894111&EDATE=

"Celebrity Solstice will be berthed in Eemshaven, Netherlands, from

September 29 to October 24, with two separate sea trials planned during

that period, in addition to crew arrivals, training, provisioning and

finishing work onboard. The ship will depart Eemshaven October 24 on a

transatlantic voyage, with arrival in Fort Lauderdale planned for early

November, followed by a series of promotional cruises for invited travel

agents, press and other dignitaries. The ship will be named in formal

ceremonies on November 14, and will begin its maiden season November 23,

with a series of alternating 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruises roundtrip

from Fort Lauderdale, calling on San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, and

Tortola during this Fall and Winter. Celebrity Solstice presents a series

of romantic 10- and 11-night Mediterranean cruises from Rome beginning in Spring 2009."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/09-29-2008/0004894111&EDATE=

"Celebrity Solstice will be berthed in Eemshaven, Netherlands, from

September 29 to October 24, with two separate sea trials planned during

that period, in addition to crew arrivals, training, provisioning and

finishing work onboard. The ship will depart Eemshaven October 24 on a

transatlantic voyage, with arrival in Fort Lauderdale planned for early

November, followed by a series of promotional cruises for invited travel

agents, press and other dignitaries. The ship will be named in formal

ceremonies on November 14, and will begin its maiden season November 23,

with a series of alternating 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruises roundtrip

from Fort Lauderdale, calling on San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, and

Tortola during this Fall and Winter. Celebrity Solstice presents a series

of romantic 10- and 11-night Mediterranean cruises from Rome beginning in Spring 2009."

Awesome! Thanks! I can't wait to see some more pictures:D

I think you mean Oct 24 after the hand over to Celebrity. :confused:

Does any one know her itinary to F Lauderdale ?.

She is NOT calling at Sampton U.k or New York U.S, I think she will take a southern crossing and call at her cruise ports, ie St Kitts, St Marten, San JUan etc to practise docking and say Hello:cool: and provide hospitality to local dignataries etc.

Most ships do this, and they have plaques or certificates to commemorate there 1st call at a port. These are on show on the bridge or inside on the promanade deck, and are dated up to 2wks before the maiden voyage.

RICH

Yes I meant October. Looks she will make most probably a nonstop TA crossing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back to the front so it doesn't get lost! It must keep going...

Question... there was a very large photo awhile back where you could almost pick out your room. If someone knows where this is, would you post the link. I have a few questions on balcony dividers and I can't find what I was looking for.

Thanks so much.

Here you go:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/thumbnails.php?album=48

Was able to find mine this way, great exterior pics!

Thanks so much! I think I have found my cabin, and I am just concerned that my 3 cabins that are on the 9th deck, just after the first indent, there are solid steel walls in-between every 2 cabins. If you look at slide '66' you can see just after the forward indent what I mean? Which bums me out that I won't be able to open up all three cabin's balcony dividers.

Let me know what you think??

Check your email for a possible invitation to the Naming Ceremony and a FREE two day cruise on Nov 14th..

from Captain's Club...:D

I love that Solstice inaugural logo that you're using for an avatar. Where did you find it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been so excited to see the pics coming in. We can't wait until our April 12th sailing. I have a question, Labadee is off of our itninerary and there are three sea days. Now, I am cetainly not complaining about three sea days. But...our 13 yr old DS had his heart set on Labadee. Is this a mistake or did they take Labadee off the itinerary?

Thank-you

Archived