If I upgrade will I get 2 cruise credits when using Royal Rewards

sandyk

I am thinking about cashing in my Royal Rewards points for a 4 night cruise. I was wondering if we upgrade from the outside cabin we would get for free could I receive two cruise credits if we go up to a junior suite? Also would I be able to use my platinum discount for the junior suite?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I am thinking about cashing in my Royal Rewards points for a 4 night cruise. I was wondering if we upgrade from the outside cabin we would get for free could I receive two cruise credits if we go up to a junior suite? Also would I be able to use my platinum discount for the junior suite?

Thanks in advance for your input.

If you are speaking of using your Visa points... yes... you can use them. You would get 1 point if you did not upgrade. We were told by C&A that these are paid for/earned so they don't consider if a "free"/non point cruise. So if you upgrade you would get the 2 points for a JS. I don't know what the Platinum discount is but I do know that as a Diamond we got the "balcony" discount. However, some things/programs/benefits have changed recently. I would suggest a call to RCCL and ask them.

i would call for sure- i read on the points rewards page at the rccl site and it says not able to use to upgrade to suites...............but i think i have read about people here doing it- they may not consider a junior suite to be in the "suite" category? just call to make sure to be safe-

A free cruise does not count for any credit according to Customer service

Hello! Found you ;)

Using Visa points, according to RCCL when I spoke to them... and then used the points is not considered "free" from their perspective... you are "paying" for the cruise with points earned from Visa... that is the way they explained it. We used our points, and then paid for an upgraded to a JS and received 2 points from RCCL. I know since 7/1 this year some things have changed... but prior to 7/1 that was the rule.

A free cruise does not count for any credit according to Customer service

When we cashed in points to do a buy one get one, they charged me $1 for my cruise, thus it was not "free" and I got my point. So worked out just fine

For next year, we cashed in points and got the minimum avail OV and applied it to our balcony. Total we saved $949 off the cost of the balcony which is a great savings. Since my hubby is the 2nd passenger, his total cruise is now $180, so will still get the credit.

Thanks to everyone. Yes, I did call the Crown and Anchor line and they did say that we would receive a credit for booking an outside cabin using our points and another credit if we upgrade to a junior suites. Also we would get a balcony credit. They were unsure if we could use a coupon if one was available, but a next cruise onboard credit would be used as well.

Archived