Snorkeling in Huatulco?

J.A.H.

Has anyone ever done this, esp. on their own (not ship's excursion)? The excursion that we want is back-listed, and I am not sure that it's for us anyway. It is on the Island Princess, Panama Canal cruise next month. This excursion just takes you to a beach and doesn't say much about it. We were there before and talked to some people who hired a local to take them to some of the bays, and they said it was awesome. Most of the time with snorkeling, you do have to get out on a boat, it seems. Or, perhaps not? Thanks,

Julie

• 4 months later...

Hi Julie!

I was wondering the same thing, I will be in Huatulco in April for the Panama Canal on the Coral Princess. I see that you have already gone on your cruise, hope you had a blast! If you don't mind me asking, did you end up snorkeling in Huatulco and/or touring the Bays? Any info you could give me would be wonderful :) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Huatulco 5 years ago. We took a taxi to the next bay over from where the boat docks (sorry, can't remember the name) and snorkeled from the beach. We had a great time ... maybe not the best snorkeling we've ever done but certainly worth doing. As I remember it was also a very nice beach. We had some vendors come along but they weren't overly aggressive. We took a water taxi back to the boat which is how I would get to and from this beach. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Shadow is probably referring to La Entrega - which is a great beach to snorkel from. It can be a bit stirred up on cruise ship days though. You can take a taxi for less than 45 MXP from the pier at Santa Cruz to the beach and snorkel the coral plate right from the beach.

Alternatively, if you want to spend the day snorkeling and seeing the bays and beaches from the water - check out the Excursion options from Hurricane Divers. Great service, the lunch is fantastic, highly recommended.

Archived