What to do in Costa Maya

ireland666666

Hello. I was lucky enough to see Costa Maya and Muahual (spelled wrong, sorry) before Hurricane Dean and from what I have heard, its just not the same anymore because its so commercialized now. I loved the way it was before with the little shops and bars. I doubt I will like the place now that its not so rustic. So, if we stop there, what should we do instead? Thanks in advance!:D

Hello. I was lucky enough to see Costa Maya and Muahual (spelled wrong, sorry) before Hurricane Dean and from what I have heard, its just not the same anymore because its so commercialized now. I loved the way it was before with the little shops and bars. I doubt I will like the place now that its not so rustic. So, if we stop there, what should we do instead? Thanks in advance!:D

Hi Ireland --

We too went to Costa Maya and Majuhaul (also may be spelled wrong) before Dean and enjoyed our day. We are looking forward to returning and seeing the 'new and improved' fishing village. I expect they also are looking forward to cruise passengers coming for a visit.

We will by-pass the artificial cruise port and catch a taxi. If it doesn't pan out, we will take a taxi back and see if Chac-Chi is accessible. (Chac-Chi is the resort to the right of the manufactured port when looking from the pier toward land.)

If not, it will be back to the ship to enjoy a day without a crowd.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived