RCL One Day Wow Sale - Oct. 2

paradise08

They've sure covered all their bases in the fine print - not combinable with anything basically,whether it's C&A or SH, NC and cannot be changed to another sailing if you change your mind later. I guess the hook here is the OBC, and just a question - are reduced deposits really that attractive?

They've sure covered all their bases in the fine print - not combinable with anything basically,whether it's C&A or SH, NC and cannot be changed to another sailing if you change your mind later. I guess the hook here is the OBC, and just a question - are reduced deposits really that attractive?

Does anyone know, that if we book a cruise using this WOW sale, and then have to change dates, can we carry over our booking number to the new date and keep the onboard credit and reduced deposit?

We are wanting to book for Jan. 2010, but am not sure of the week. Wonder if we can choose a week I think we will go, but then if I can change if I need to.

Great thanks Donna. Do you have to book thru a TA or can you book directly online with RCCL?

(I'm a different Donna, but I'll give you my take on the sale)

You can book either way. I prefer dealing with RCI directly, so you can ask as many question as you want, without going through a middleman. (With access to this website, you can get all the info about ships/cabins that you need right here) You can always transfer the booking to a TA later.

The downside is that the offer is not combinable with other offers, so if you are platinum or above, you cannot use your balcony discount. Same for stock holders discount, and credit card points, etc. You'll hear lots of complaints on this board about what a lousy sale this is, but it just isn't for everyone.

However, it is an excellent deal for those who are not yet platinum and do not have access to these other discounts. It's an opportunity to get OBC.

Plus, it's really nice to have the lower deposit, so you don't have to lay out as much money upfront. This makes a big difference, even though you have to eventually pay the rest of the money by final payment date. We have a family of four, and my husband does not allow me to put down a $1000 deposit for a cruise that's a year or more into the future, however, he will give into a $500 total deposit with the OBC, so I can go ahead and book a cruise that he ordinarily wouldn't go for.

Does anyone know, that if we book a cruise using this WOW sale, and then have to change dates, can we carry over our booking number to the new date and keep the onboard credit and reduced deposit?

We are wanting to book for Jan. 2010, but am not sure of the week. Wonder if we can choose a week I think we will go, but then if I can change if I need to.

The answer to this is yes. As long as you keep the same booking number, you can change the cruise date/ship, and retain the OBC and the discounted deposit.

Also, if the price of the cruise you book decreases, you WILL get the price adjustment (as long as it's not one of those "new booking only" specials). No matter what anyone else say to the contrary, this is clearly printed on the bottom of your invoice, that price drops will be honored.

Lots of fine print ...

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetour Onboard Credits. The Oasis of the SeasSM sail dates do not qualify for this offer. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 27 and October 2, 2008 and is rebooked for the same sailing on October 2, 2008 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 2, 2008 and is reinstated will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is subsequently changed to a different sailing will no longer be eligible for the promotion. Onboard credit is in US dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until October 2, 2008, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. ©2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

I was so excited when I saw this, until I read the fine print.

I cannot use my platinum discount of $100, but can I use a C & A savings certificate? I booked through the WOW event last year and I was able to use the savings certificate.

Curious...

I was so excited when I saw this, until I read the fine print.

I cannot use my platinum discount of $100, but can I use a C & A savings certificate? I booked through the WOW event last year and I was able to use the savings certificate.

Curious...

The savings cert is a C&A promo isn't? The fine print says no C&A discounts.

Lots of fine print ...

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetour Onboard Credits. The Oasis of the SeasSM sail dates do not qualify for this offer. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 27 and October 2, 2008 and is rebooked for the same sailing on October 2, 2008 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 2, 2008 and is reinstated will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is subsequently changed to a different sailing will no longer be eligible for the promotion. Onboard credit is in US dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until October 2, 2008, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. ©2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

I stand corrected. This must be a new clause because I changed the cruise I booked during the very first WOW sale and retained the discounted deposit and the OBC.

The WOW sale is a joke.

More or Goldsteins crappy ideas

No it is not worthless. Any day I can get a reduced deposit is a good day. My hubby prefers 4-night cruises over 7-nighters, so that means $100 bucks books us a cruise along with the OBC. Besides we always book inside cabins so, therefore, its perfect for us and probably hundreds of other folks out there. Some people are so negative.

The WOW sale is great for a first time cruiser because it gives them a chance to get some OBC, a reduced deposit, and a cruise under their belt. For the rest of us who have cruised before with RCI its worthless.

So, tell me, I've cruised with RCI before...why is this sale worthless to me?

I am Gold status (4 cruises) so I don't get the Platinum and above discount. (Even if I was Platinum, I often book inside cabins, so the discount doesn't apply). I am not a stockholder or RCI credit card holder, so I don't get those discounts.

As another poster said, why do you have to be so negative? There are some sales that apply to people with your status only, and this one is for the rest of us. And, it's a darn good offer for those of us who do not get other discounts.

No it is not worthless. Any day I can get a reduced deposit is a good day. My hubby prefers 4-night cruises over 7-nighters, so that means $100 bucks books us a cruise along with the OBC. Besides we always book inside cabins so, therefore, its perfect for us and probably hundreds of other folks out there. Some people are so negative.

I am not trying to be negative but .... You will still eventually have to pay up for the cruise so its only buying you some time on money due. If you book "next cruises" on board, the OBC is the same offer. Plus you cant change dates, ships, or use any other discount if you have cruised even once with RCI in the past.

I guess I have a bad taste for this sale because I got burned the last time I booked one. I had to change dates due to vacation timing and lost the deal. I am sorry if I upset anyone.:o

I am not trying to be negative but .... You will still eventually have to pay up for the cruise so its only buying you some time on money due. If you book "next cruises" on board, the OBC is the same offer. Plus you cant change dates, ships, or use any other discount if you have cruised even once with RCI in the past.

I guess I have a bad taste for this sale because I got burned the last time I booked one. I had to change dates due to vacation timing and lost the deal. I am sorry if I upset anyone.:o

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic - if I'd been burned on an offer, I'd be turned off to it too, and wish to warn others about the fine print that I got caught up in.

To some of us, especially those with large families, the reduced deposit is a very big deal, even though we eventually have to pay the rest of the money. At least RCI doesn't have it tied up for a year or more. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am more likely to tie up $500 for a cruise that takes place more than a year from now, but I'm much less likely give RCI $1000 of my money that far in advance.

What offers are there for people with less than 5 cruises? An occasional C&A certificate, which since my first RCI cruise in 2002, has never once applied to any cruise I could consider taking?

Archived