Warning About Kontiki Tours

SantaAna,CA

Just wanted to give fellow CCers, who may be booking a land portion in addition to their Panama Canal cruise, there is a company online called KonTiki Tours (they are out of New York and have very nice people) that handles South America. In booking a hotel and flights in Costa Rica, I found out, after paying them, they charge much more for hotel rates than you can find on the hotel's websites. They also charge a booking fee, the exact amount of which was not explained up front.

I've ended up paying about $700 more than I had to because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Although I'm sure this is a good outfit and they will deliver their services as promised, I wanted to warn you about the "price padding".

P.S. I've contacted CruiseCritic apologizing in advance if this posting is against guidelines. I think it's important enough to let others know about it, that's why I posted it, but sorry if I'm out of line.

Jane

Archived