and
) or warm (such as
, which are
baby
).

In the
and the
, tapas have evolved into an entire cuisine. In these countries, patrons of
can order many different tapas and combine them to make a full meal.

The serving of tapas is thought to encourage conversation because people are not so focused upon eating an entire meal that is set before them.

What you will find on the ships is more of the US version. Multiple small servings of food, hot or cold, meant to be shared among those at the table.

Rich

We were on the Sun last and loved the Tappa bar. The bar had a lot of beautiful tiles in a Spanish motife. They had hot and cold items that change nightly. It was served cafiteria style and each item had a description tag. About 6 different type of Spanish olives which were yummy. Some seafood that was wild that I did not try. The empanads, (little meat pies in crust) were very good. They bar also had one of the best mojito's I have ever had at a reasonbale price $4.50...hooked me on this drink. They had live entertainment, band, piano but it was not loud.

We hooked up with friends a couple of times...it was amazing how many folks different even know the place existed. Go and enjoy! Lydia of Ohio

On the Dawn, the Tappas menu did not change nightly. Though we did enjoy the Tappas bar:) They were not served cafeteria style but the waiter brought them to you (free of charge) with your drink if you requested them.

If you do a "search" for Tapas restaurants in the area where you live, you should find some Tapas restaurants. NY/NJ have many.

It is similar to a "tasting menu" in an upscale restaurant but alot cheaper;)

On the Dawn, the Tappas menu did not change nightly. Though we did enjoy the Tappas bar:) They were not served cafeteria style but the waiter brought them to you (free of charge) with your drink if you requested them.

If you do a "search" for Tapas restaurants in the area where you live, you should find some Tapas restaurants. NY/NJ have many.

It is similar to a "tasting menu" in an upscale restaurant but alot cheaper;)

So on the Dawn what was served as Tapas? I've heard Fajitas?

So on the Dawn what was served as Tapas? I've heard Fajitas?

I'm curious about this too. Where is the tapas bar on Dawn? For some reason I had it in my head that it is in Salsa and that there was an extra charge. Is this separate from the pay restaurant or is it in a different part of the ship? It would be something my husband and I would definitely enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Archived