Triumph or Pride

Mike45

Goodevening all,

The wife and I are looking to cruise western caribbean next may. Both cruises leave from Miami.Pride on may 2nd and Triumph on May 3rd. About $50 diferrence. We have not been on either one. Just looking for imput about which one you all enjoyed and why. How many formal nights on 7 day cruise?

Go with the Pride. The layout is much better than the Triumph, and is a nice ship overall.

Don't you think your answer is a bit biased?.....Your S/N and your signature give it away...:p

To the OP: I would pick the Pride as well, more of a ship feel toit. Much better design, decor and layout also.

Let us know what ya pick.

Happy Crusing!

I'm a huge fan of the spirit class ships. Of all the classes of ships that Carnival sails, the spirit class has the largest space to passenger ratio. On top of that, as others have pointed out, the layout of the ship also much better and helps with traffic flow.

My experience is based on multiple sailings of both classes of ships, including specifically the Pride and the Triumph.

I've been on both, and I love the Pride. I saw the Triumph in dry dock three

days ago in Grand Bahama, looks strange out of the water. Pride is just a

beautiful ship, for me, the art work adds to the cruise. Davids, IMHO, is perhaps the best steak house afloat.

Well, it seems to be unaminous here. It is not because we are biased towards Spirit Class ships, it is because we are educated. I don't see any reason why anyone would prefer the layout of the Triumph over the Pride. It is quite obvious that the Spirit Class ships have a superior layout.

We had the same choice for our April Cruise....

and we chose the Pride.....

Yes, we have been on the Triumph twice before, but the real decision maker was that we wanted to try a Spirit Class ship again. The one thing about this layout, is you never feel any crowds. Our cruise on the Legend was the most enjoyable week ever!

Catrin

Spirit without a doubt is my favorite class of ship and of those the PRIDE is my favorite (maybe a little bias, I'm 40 minutes away from her):rolleyes: . Have been on all except the MIRACLE.

As others have alluded to, INCREDIBLE LAYOUT ! ! Excellent passenger flow and never any crowds.

I like the Aft Lido Deck, open to the sea (remember? that thing you're cruising on :D ) With the Conquest Class the Lido Deck is surrounded by steel and glass. An adult pool there, with a bar and just through the doors to the buffet. Can't beat this location . . . I spend all my shipboard time there.

With what amounts to a DOUBLE PROMENADE, moving about the ship is easy and enjoyable. The entertainment venues are nicely scattered about the ship also. Really like that as one doesn't have competing sounds when they're all squished together.

But, alas, we're losing "our" PRIDE to the East Coast :( . . . but wait . . . guess who gets the SPLENDOR ? :rolleyes:

:D :D

I like the Aft Lido Deck, open to the sea (remember? that thing you're cruising on :D ) With the Conquest Class the Lido Deck is surrounded by steel and glass. An adult pool there, with a bar and just through the doors to the buffet. Can't beat this location . . . I spend all my shipboard time there.

Don't forget rest rooms are right there too! Also the self serve soft ice cream stations. And the afternoon ice cream topping station, with every fixing you can think of. The stairs to the slide are there. Gotta do that at least once. No need to spend time anywhere else!

Archived