Platinum Questions

Avril

My cruise on the Freedom in May 2009 will be my 9th with Carnival. :D The cruise after that (wherever, whenever that will be), I will finally be Platinum!!!! :D :D I have 2 questions about Platinum.

1. Although it will be my 10th Carnival cruise, it will be my Mom's 8th. Will they let her go through VIP embarkation with me (we're always on the same reservation)? How will that work?

2. What are the Platinum perks besides VIP embarkation? Will my Mom get to take advantage of them as well?

Thanks!! :D

1) If your Mom is in the same cabin as you, no problem. If not, Problem.

2) You have 3000 posts and you've never seen a list of all the PLATINUM benefits ? :confused: I can't even remember them all. I only care about VIP boarding and free laundry. The personal stationary is nice, too.

If your Mom is in the same cabin, she can use all these benefits I assume. If not in the same cabin, I can't understand why she should ?

• All Gold member benefits

• Carnival Concierge Club benefits* including:

• Personalized stationery

• A special Carnival logo item

• Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

• Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

• Spa Carnival priority reservations

• Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

• Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

• Priority tender boarding

• Priority embarkation and debarkation

• Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age

1) If your Mom is in the same cabin as you, no problem. If not, Problem.

2) You have 3000 posts and you've never seen a list of all the PLATINUM benefits ? :confused: I can't even remember them all. I only care about VIP boarding and free laundry. The personal stationary is nice, too.

If your Mom is in the same cabin, she can use all these benefits I assume. If not in the same cabin, I can't understand why she should ?

Mom and I are always in the same cabin so I guess it won't be a problem. :D As for never having seen a list of benefits, I suposse I have seen them but just never paid attention to them as they didn't apply to me (still don't for 2 more cruises) and I never thought they would. Now that Platinum is within reach, it's time to figure these thing out. :D

• All Gold member benefits

• Carnival Concierge Club benefits* including:

• Personalized stationery

• A special Carnival logo item

• Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

• Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

• Spa Carnival priority reservations

• Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

• Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

• Priority tender boarding

• Priority embarkation and debarkation

18 years of age

Awesome!! :D Thanks!! :D What is the personal stationary and what's personal about it? I think on every cruise so far we've gotten a pen and some paper with the ship's name on it.

Mom and I are always in the same cabin so I guess it won't be a problem. :D As for never having seen a list of benefits, I suposse I have seen them but just never paid attention to them as they didn't apply to me (still don't for 2 more cruises) and I never thought they would. Now that Platinum is within reach, it's time to figure these thing out. :D

Awesome!! :D Thanks!! :D What is the personal stationary and what's personal about it? I think on every cruise so far we've gotten a pen and some paper with the ship's name on it.

The stationary is Platinum colored with your name on it.

We just got off of the Victory which was our first Platinum cruise. The best benefit is the Platinum line at the Purser's desk. Someone dropped whatever they were doing and hurried over to provide service or answer a question. I was hoping for a special cocktail party for Platinum guests. Not now, but maybe they will read this thread and have one next cruise.

We just got off of the Victory which was our first Platinum cruise. The best benefit is the Platinum line at the Purser's desk. Someone dropped whatever they were doing and hurried over to provide service or answer a question. I was hoping for a special cocktail party for Platinum guests. Not now, but maybe they will read this thread and have one next cruise.

We like platinum line at the purser's desk as well, even though when they first rolled out the program, I had a few instances where they didn't actually give me priority over the regular line.

I dig the laundry thing as well, for longer cruises, we don't pack nearly as much which means less luggage. If we've got something washable and there's at least a day left in the cruise, it goes out for cleaning!

I *really* like debarkation! Your luggage is off in a *much* smaller group and *super* easy to find. Thats a big perk for those of us with neon hued luggage :)

I've heard a few ships do have a special Platinum Cocktail party but usually only if a few Platinum people onboard. Hopefully someday soon it will be on all ships & sailings. :)

Anything different for younger platinum cruisers? My son will be 6 next summer when he is platinum...not that I can think of anything he would really want other than no lines and a different brand of chicken nuggets LOL

Anything different for younger platinum cruisers? My son will be 6 next summer when he is platinum...not that I can think of anything he would really want other than no lines and a different brand of chicken nuggets LOL

By the time he's my age at the rate he's going he will have enough cruises to drive the ship with his ss card. My youngest will be 10 and Platinum next August.

This is the only perk for those under 18

18 years of age

Archived