CC class tipping for breakfast in room ?'s

puggylicious

We never felt it was required, but if the delivery person is not our stateroom attendant then we pass him or her a dollar or two; we tip the stateroom attendant at the end of the cruises for all services.

We really enjoy breakfast in CC class, it is one of the five reasons we book CC staterooms.

Smooth sailing. :)

This is basically what my husband does. Depending on the size of our breakfast. I think if we just get coffee and some danish he gives them a dollar or two. If we order a full breakfast (and they have more to set up) he gives them $3 or $4. I think it is mostly a courtesy thing. This is, of course, totally separate from what we tip our room attendant at the end of the cruise. In CC we have always had excellent room attendants and we give the requested amount plus extra. This is a strictly personal thing and I am in NO way suggesting what someone else should do.

I hardly ever tip at home due to correct liveable wages being paid however.Hey im on holidays experiencing great and different cultures and all those great crews on all these ships and also from different countries that have very varing standards are giving me a absolute wonderful holiday full of value and service,smiling.Gee they win me over every time and i always have those dollars ready when they knock on the cabin door or very discretely for the great service i recieve in the Concierge Diamond Lounge or in cafes ashore.

What a experience and education you all continue to bring me during my travels.Thank You.Thank You.

do they always call before delivering your CC breakfast? The reason I ask is on our last HAL cruise they just showed up in the cabin with the meal. Not even a knock sometimes. Kind of suprizing at times :eek:

Ours have always called, although it may be a very short time before the delivery.

Funny story about the CC breakfast on Millie. DH ordered banana pancakes and received a banana and syrup. He had to chase down the delivery person to get his order re-made. We and the stateroom attendant had a great laugh over that one. (It was a language problem.)

My husband and I have been on 50+ cruises starting with inside cabins.

Recently we were upgraded to a Queens Grill Suite on the QM2 and have

sailed on Celebrity in CC since that class came out. Our last two voyages were in Sky Suites.

We tip generously but not usually during the cruise, and we always have a

full breakfast in our cabin. We usually keep any cash in the safe, after all, it is a cashless system on the ship. The only exception was before the holidays when we knew our butler, stateroom attendent, or one of our waiters was getting some rare time off in a port. We gave them some extra cash to buy holiday gifts or whatever else they needed when they went ashore. They also appreciated international phone cards. The staff is woefully underpaid and we like to give them additional money - straight in their hands -. The rest of it is equally distributed and I know that everyone on board does not deserve an equal share.

Having traveled extensively both in Australia and the UK, I believe I know the tipping orientation of cruise passengers from those guests. But Celebrity is oriented differently, in the American tradition, in the wages and expectations of their employees.

So, we tip very well, but I don't believe we over tip for ordinary or expected service. With regard to room service, we feel that is "extra duty" so we tip accordingly. Just because there is no charge for the food doesn't mean the service shouldn't be thanked.

We tip our room steward in advance, a pre-emptive strike if you will, because we usually order something from room service most mornings and if someone else winds up bringing the order we tip her/him at the end of the cruise. We never seem to be organized enough in the morning to have a ready supply of dollars handy - I'm usually still under the covers when my DH answers the door and they set it up.

These people who work on the ships usually support families at home and do not get to see their families for months. They also work seven days a week. Most of them work very hard so that you will have a nice cruise.

While I agree with what you have written' date=' there is also another side to this. They choose to leave their families , country etc. for a very good reason.

While I was doing a tour in Costa Rica, and the driver was explaining how much plots of land were[ amazingly cheap to us '] , we passed a beautiful new house being built, very , very different from everything around it. The driver proudly explained it was his cousin's house, and that his cousin was a steward on a cruise ship. Puts why they do it in perspective.

I LOVE that we have cruisers from all different countries and all different walks of life with different opinions.... be comfortable with what you do....not one person's opinion is the right thing for all of us!!

Have a fantastic cruise!!

Dinah

Archived