Update on my Cruise Critic gear contest "towel" design

Some of you may remember the thread I had on this board about winning the CC gear contest and all the problems CC was having getting my towel design made up. I also had a poll about your interest in buying the towel and how it may be too expensive. Near half of the members on the RCCL and Carnival board said that they would buy the towel if available.

For those of you that were interested in purchasing my towel design from Cruise Critic, bad news!

It just wasn't possible to get the towels manufactured at a reasonable price.icon_frown.gif

Instead, I will soon be the proud owner of a CC t-shirt and a couple of the new lanyard type "beach safes." icon_wink.gif

They are really nice if anyone is interested. Here's the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Nope! Has to be done on a beach towel. The design said this:

"This Deck Chair is Reserved by a Cruise Critic Member."

The white towel had colorful wording and edges of red, bright blue and yellow. Also had a CruiseCritic crest on the bottom.

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Received my CC t-shirt and a couple of the new lanyard type "beach safes" today .

The T seems to be of high quality and the size is just right.

The Beach safe looks very nice as well. Has a thick cord that goes around your neck. My son could get his wallet inside of the safe with a little force. No problem getting it to hold numerous credit cards, ID's, money or even some camera cards.

Since the safe is suppose to be water proof, I tested it for water leakage. The safe had minimal leakage as a couple of drops did get into the safe and caused the paper towel, I had inside, to become slightly damp on one edge. No big deal and I think your valuables would be fine. A larger seal on the lid would insure a completely water proof safe.

I do recommend buying one.

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Archived