extreme tubing

gacruiser

We have been twice, months of Nov and Dec and always had a great time with no problems. But I guess it would depend on the time of the year. It was a very lazy river type of tubing. When they say tied together what they mean is your feet are under the arms of the person infront of you and a chain is formed. Personnally we would have prefered to go it on our own. The only strong current was where we crossed the river to travel up stream and enter the river at a higher point. With the private company, we went thru 3 caves and traveled a longer part of the river then the Carnival excursion and the cost was cheaper. We had a group of ten and they assigned us 2 guides, they were great.

I just returned from the Glory, (after the loss of our ship mate Linda)

I would wait untill the river goes down to normal levels before booking

then when (if) you do this shore trip, make sure your group is linked together

for safety.

We are booked for next week. We leave on the glory 4 OCT. I'm alreaady booked and wonder if I should cancel or will they be extra cautious about taking people if the water is too high?

Hi There-also just back from the Glory. I am sure the tour will be suspended for a while. Our Guide said the rainy season is 2 months and just started in Sept. We rode the caves the same day with a private operator Major Tom and felt very safe. The Carnival group looked very uncared for...

We went during the first week of September with Major Tom and felt very safe. We were all linked together which from my observation is much safer. We did have someone flip their tube and our guides were right there to help out. The guests who were with the Carnival excursionwere not linked and just plopped in one at a time. Not a problem when you're on the open water, but in the caves it's very dark and if you go under, no one would know until you're not there at the other end of the caves. Just my experience.

Hi everyone, we went with Yhonni at cave-tubing.com, they not only linked us together but we had a guide for each group of us, he floated in the water ahead of us and pulled us when needed, they also carried our innertubes for us up the hill to the point of entry, we had the best time and never once felt in danger, ok except the time the rope from the tube was hitting my thigh and I was thinking snakes:eek: , it was a great time!! And they weren't really expensive at all. We had a man that was disabled and he just couldn't walk anymore, they had one of their guys wait at the spot he tired out on, and we picked him up in the river on the way to the caves, they really made us feel special and cared for. We had a group of about 16 and there were at least 6 of them. Anyway thought I'd just give you my 2 cents worth. Happy sailing!!!

Carole

We did the cave tubing thru Xstream 2 1/2 years ago. It was March and the water level was low. They took us in a small but modern van with only about 12 people. They made us wear the life jackets but DID NOT link us together. I never gave it a 2nd thought at the time. It seemed perfectly safe but I did get a bit nervous a couple of times when we floated kind of far apart from each other. We had our teens with us and I certainly didn't want to get separated from them. If I were to do it again I would probably do it with a company that I know links everyone together.

Archived