Is this unusual?

Z'Loth

WOW!!! This was a resurrected thread!!!

BUT I AGREE!!!!

I think it's a great bonding time! I travel with Mom and daughter - granted we're the same sex -- but a parent is a parent and I traveled with Daddy before he died and I'm thanking God I did!!!! We'd share a room... after all he's my FATHER...

LK

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering... is it unusual for a 35yo son to be traveling with his 63yo mother? (Seperate beds' date=' of course.) While I am handling the travel arrangements, I told my mother that once on board ship, "you do your thing, I do my thing, maybe we'll meet up for dinner."[/quote']

Having just lost my mother in Jan. 07 :( I say treasure every possible moment you are lucky enough to spend with her and who cares what people think

When I was about 39 I took my mother of 63 on a Mothers Day cruise. My father had died two years prior and I thought she needed to get out and start doing more things.

I was always the envy of my friends growing up as we went on a family cruise almost every year and I thought a cruise was just what she needed. The cruise turned out to be a nightmare for me as I guess that I was the one that wasn’t ready for my moms freedom.

During the cruise she drank too much, smoked cigars, stayed out late dancing and the straw that broke the camels back was when I walked in on her with a guy about my age doing the wild thing.

He ended up being married and I regret to this day that I went up and told his wife what he did during dinner at the table that he and his wife along with her parents were seated at(it was surf and turf night).

I look back and it’s sort of funny now but I just wish I would have handled it differently.

Archived