Vivitar Vivicam 6200w

IslandToIsland

Does anyone have any experience with this camera or any underwater pics to share? I'm looking for a digital camera just for underwater shots and have read mixed reviews on this one, but never really seen any pics it has produced. The movie mode is what caught my attention, but curious about quality of pics. Thanks

We used the Vivitar on our cruise in May. I think that the pictures were good, for the price. We have used it several times since. Boating, at the pool etc. Here are a few pics. FYI, the camera does eat batteries, so bring a towel to dry the camera off if you using it in water for an extended period.

232323232%7Ffp43238%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C46%3A%3C2484nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43235%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C44974859nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp4327%3A%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E3%3C7%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D323344585%3A%3C47nu0mrj

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased on for our upcoming cruise, so hopefully will have something positive to report in a month or so.

I plan on using 2350mAh NiMH rechargables, which should help with the battery "eating". :p

I also would be interested in seeing some additional pics and reading your report. I'm leaving for my cruise on Nov. 30th and I'm debating if should go with disposal camera's or a vivicam.

My boyfriend and I just bought this camera for our upcoming cruise. We decided to try it out in a hot spring fed pond, so keep in mind that the water was a little murky. I uploaded them and "fixed" them with picasa, which takes out some of the blue and clears the pictures up. I'll post the before and after shots. Even though the pictures aren't stellar, they sure beat disposable camera pics!

PICT0021-1.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

This the bottom of the pond - the minerals in the hot water make some neat formations and colors!

PICT0008-1.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

And this is an example of a picture taken above water:

PICT0006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased on for our upcoming cruise, so hopefully will have something positive to report in a month or so.

I plan on using 2350mAh NiMH rechargables, which should help with the battery "eating". :p

Love to hear what your experience was with the Vivitar Vivicam camera ... hope you had a great trip ... mj

Thanks for the pics ... :)

Still deciding on what camera to get for underwater shots ... not an avid diver or anything ... just like to play in the water with my own snorkle gear ... may just get a disposable one ...

mj

Nice pics Scooter, I bought the Vivitar and can't wait to use it!

Thanks! I will mention, it can be a bit of a challenge when you're trying to shoot in a bit of "chop".. Bobbing up and down on the ocean surface, and trying to keep that thing aimed at the right spot. I took quite a few photos, and of those more than 80% are pure junk. But, I shoot like that on land also, and always end up with a bunch of great shots!

Enjoy your trip!:)

Did these batteries help out witht he battery eating? Do you know if I could find these batteries at walmart??

• 3 weeks later...
Wow Scuba, did you have to clean those pics up or is that straight from the camera? Those pics look great!

froggy, I did use the auto-adjust that comes with the U-lead program. They are a little darker if you don't use it. My dive pictures are really blue, but that's taking them at 50 feet down. I just upgraded to a canon with underwater housing for diving, but the vivitar is perfect for snorkeling. The pics I posted were all taken between 5 and 15 feet. I think you will be very happy with your vivitar!

Archived