Question for the Women about Shaving

Ms Belvedere

How do you handle shaving your legs in a regular shower on board ship? (I mean in the rooms that don't have a jacuzzi.) At home I usually take a bath and can easily shave my legs in the tub. In the shower on the ship I feel like I'm trying to do an act from Cirque Du Soleil and always end up slicing somewhere that bleeds for 20 mins..

Aside from the obvious solution of booking a suite or shaving my legs in the hot tubs on deck, I'd like to know how others are doing it. I always use the 3 bladed disposable razors and change them each day or time I shave.

This is the one problem I've found that follows me from one cruise to the next. :mad: Can any one offer some tips?

Thank you! :)

How do you handle shaving your legs in a regular shower on board ship? (I mean in the rooms that don't have a jacuzzi.) At home I usually take a Can any one offer some tips?

I shave in the shower at home - I can't even remember the last time I took a "tub" bath. So shaving on the cruise, for me, was "business as usual". I mean - you just bend over and shave - right? :confused:

First off, get rid of the disposable razor. I've never shaved my legs with a disposable that did not cut me. I have shaved with a Venus razor for a couple years now and highly recommend it, absolutely never nicking or cutting myself at all. You can also get your legs waxed before going, it hurts, but you don't have to shave for a couple weeks.

First off, get rid of the disposable razor. I've never shaved my legs with a disposable that did not cut me. I have shaved with a Venus razor for a couple years now and highly recommend it, absolutely never nicking or cutting myself at all. You can also get your legs waxed before going, it hurts, but you don't have to shave for a couple weeks.

This is the solution I think I'll try. Waxing my eyebrows is painful, I can imagine that underarms would be a "scream" - LOL! :eek:

Thanks for all the help and ideas!

Ms B.

The Venus razor is a good idea. There is also a pretty new hair remover that is a gel and you take it off after a few minutes with a razor type tool (no blade) but it's kinda messy. The bathroom is so small, have you tried just putting the lid down and sitting down to shave your legs? Both the shower and the sink are within arms reach for water.

Word of warning about the waxing..... Beware of the underarm wax! I did it once and it brought tears to my eyes.... OH the PAIN! Legs etc. OK but rethink the underarm waxing.

I can vouch for the venus razor, I've been using it for years...change every once in a while..but always go back.

I guess I never thought about different ways of shaving either...I always just throw my leg out, foot on the wall, lather up and shave.

I guess you could always buy a plastic stool to keep in the shower and either sit down and shave or stand with your leg up on the stool.

I agree waxing is the way to go. Last vacation I did it all legs, bikini, underarms, lip and eyebrow. I was smooth. It lasted the whole 2 weeks. It was great. The underarms hurt but with strapless dress and skimpy tanks it was great. No stubble when you put your hands in the air while dancing. Plus I think my DH likes the sleek feel of no stubble on the legs when he reachs over to glide a hand down. LOL At home I shave inbetween waxing and just use my venus. Sometimes I use an epilady if I want that smoothness. It really doesn't hurt that much and can be used between waxings. I make a day before vacation a spa day wax manicure pedicure facial get glam before the trip. Helps set the mood. It's vacation time to spoil ourselves and indulge.

Venus is a great way to go if you want to shave. Never a nick and very clean shave. However I MUCH prefer the results of waxing as it lasts much longer and has much smoother results. Hate the fact that you have to first "let it all grow in" before waxing can be done but the after affects are much better. Usually I just do the bikini, but I think for the cruise I'll take StellaRn's advise. Go for the the whole nine yards and a day of spa pampering!

I love my Venus razor, the 3 blades do a great job and I don't need to change them very often.

However, on a cruise where space is limited and the shower curtain is my new best friend, Intuition is the way to go.

No need for soap or anything else, just prop your leg outside the shower on the sink or toilet and shave.

I'd use the Intuition at home too, but the blades don't last very long, and replacing them on a regular basis is cost prohibitive for me.

T

Sassy,

I buy my Venus refills on ebay, I just got 54 for $40 something.

As far as shaving in the shower, I open the curtain and use commode or sink (whichever is next to the shower - one of them always is) to balance my leg on - much better light too like said above.

Tammy

I started sitting on the toilet also after being thrown out of the shower during rough seas. What makes the Venus so great??? Sounds like the way to go. I have been using the Emjoi which keeps me good for a week.

I, too, use the Emjoi. No rough stubble like shaving and less pain and expense than waxing!

Archived