Question for the Women about Shaving

Ms Belvedere

Your welcome ladies, Ebay is the FIRST place I look for anything anymore. People at work are always amazed when I tell them about razors - they ALL say "wow, I spend alot of money on razors". One of the other big things I also save money on is perfume. I used to pay $80 for my Opium, then was happy with $60 in the Carribean, now I get it for about $40. Make-up too. I get ALL my Lancome and stuff on Ebay. Happy shopping.

Tammy

...I always think of clothes when I think Ebay and have gotten GREAT DEALs, i.e. a dear little strapless sun dress from Valerie Stevens NWT for 9.99 for our last cruise. But I would never have thought about razors and hair removal products. Thanks again! :)

Ms B

I was also worried about shaving the legs prior to my first cruise back in May. I decided to have my entire upper legs and bikini area waxed. Those are the most difficult areas for me to shave and keep tidy. Shaving the calves is easy and quick and knowing the showers on the ship would be tiny and not allow for the bending over to shave calves, I brought along the Venus razor and a small can of shaving cream. Before each shower I would shave my calves outside the shower, propping my foot on the toilet and shaving with the shaving cream. Then I'd promptly get in the shower and rinse the legs and take the shower.

I was also worried about shaving the legs prior to my first cruise back in May. I decided to have my entire upper legs and bikini area waxed. Those are the most difficult areas for me to shave and keep tidy. Shaving the calves is easy and quick and knowing the showers on the ship would be tiny and not allow for the bending over to shave calves, I brought along the Venus razor and a small can of shaving cream. Before each shower I would shave my calves outside the shower, propping my foot on the toilet and shaving with the shaving cream. Then I'd promptly get in the shower and rinse the legs and take the shower.

Wow - I'd hate to have to go through all that - guess I'll count my lucky stars. All I EVER shave (on my legs) is my calves. No way would I shave my thighs....that hair is so smooth and fine you can't even see it. I do shave a very small area of my bikini line, but not enough to consider waxing.

Ok ladies, tell me more about Emjoi? I never heard of it before.

Thanks, JoAnn :confused:

The best way I can describe it is that it looks somewhat like an electric shaver but rather than cut off the hair it plucks it out. When I first got the Emjoi it took three sessions to get all the hair from my legs and it was a bit painful. Now I use it about once a week and barely feel it. When the hair does start growing back it is soft and fine, not bristlely like with shaving. I also use it on my underarms and, while that area is still more sensative, I'd rather pluck once a week than shave every other day. I have tried the Emjoi for the bikini area but it was too painful! I use the Magic depillatory for that.

I purchased my Emjoi from QVC. There are a few models to choose from but this one looks like the updated version of what I have:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=Emjoi&SearchClass=&Submit4=Go

Archived