Is This True? Trying to Add 5th Person to Fantasy Cabin

Rowan555

Okay so we have a cruise booked on the Fantasy Oct 4, and we're in a quad with two lowers and two uppers. The Fantasy is one of the ships that allows 5 to a cabin, and a friend of ours is interested in joining us. I called to inquire about doing so, and I was told it was a quad cabin with no rollaway bed and therefore could only accomodate 4 people. I mentioned to the PVP I talked to that none of the rooms have rollaways, that the steward just brings them in - but she insisted that that room was not "Set up for 5 people." As all of the cabins are pretty much identical, this just doesn't make sense to me. I'm wondering if I should call and ask another PVP, or if this is indeed the way it works and I should just tell our friend it's not possible. Any advice/experience with this is much appreciated.

I think they only allow 5 to certain rooms. I do not know the why and hows of this but from what I have been told only certain rooms are allowed 5 to a room. However, you would think that would be a room set up for 4.

Sometimes the ship is full too and they will not add a 5th due to that fact. They only allow so many rooms to have extra people and once they have filled that allotment they do not allow anymore. Maybe this is the case.

We orginally were gonna book a room for 5 on the fascination, but switched it to two rooms. But we were told that the 5th person would get a rollaway. I believe that the fantasy and fascination are the same class ship. Even on the website "find a cruise" allows for 5 ppl in a room.

Good luck

Just went to carnival website, and it was going to allow me to book a room for 5 for the oct 30th cruise. Maybe call back and get a different person. Its probably me, but I cant find a Oct cruise on the fantasy for the 4th in 08 or 09? Sorry if im wrong on that date.

Call again for goodness sakes and use your cell phone and INQUIRE as if you were considering a new booking for a later cruise. Then get the PVP's name and tell them that you will call back as soon as you speak with the rest of your party.

Now, for those that will question this tactic. I suggest that the OP take NO MORE than 5 minutes of the new PVP's time and that the OP make the call with all the relevent info as to cabin type etc. If those cabins are still available at all.

I DO NOT suggest WASTING anyone's time with this phantom booking question.

As WE ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW, it takes 3 calls to customer service in any company to get the same answer twice.

Can't wait to hear the responses from all the TA's out there.;) But unfortunately the original PVP may OR may not be correct and the only way to be sure is to follow my plan sorry to say.:(

I was actually just thinking about doing this using the online booking engine. I'll see what happens.

Call again for goodness sakes and use your cell phone and INQUIRE as if you were considering a new booking for a later cruise. Then get the PVP's name and tell them that you will call back as soon as you speak with the rest of your party.

Now, for those that will question this tactic. I suggest that the OP take NO MORE than 5 minutes of the new PVP's time and that the OP make the call with all the relevent info as to cabin type etc. If those cabins are still available at all.

I DO NOT suggest WASTING anyone's time with this phantom booking question.

As WE ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW, it takes 3 calls to customer service in any company to get the same answer twice.

Can't wait to hear the responses from all the TA's out there.;) But unfortunately the original PVP may OR may not be correct and the only way to be sure is to follow my plan sorry to say.:(

if you use Carnival's online booking system and in the upper right hand corner you see hello and your name you will need to logout firts.

Carnival tracks your inquiries if you have an account with them, which you probably do, and their computer knows what you have looked at so you tend to get the same prices over and over.

However, for what you want to do it may work out as you are not concerned about price per cabin just persons per cabin.

You could also try a phantom booking on a different travel search engine.

good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We orginally were gonna book a room for 5 on the fascination, but switched it to two rooms. But we were told that the 5th person would get a rollaway. I believe that the fantasy and fascination are the same class ship. Even on the website "find a cruise" allows for 5 ppl in a room.

Good luck

Just went to carnival website, and it was going to allow me to book a room for 5 for the oct 30th cruise. Maybe call back and get a different person. Its probably me, but I cant find a Oct cruise on the fantasy for the 4th in 08 or 09? Sorry if im wrong on that date.

I did a fake booking and only cat 4B is available for booking 5 in a cabin.:confused:

The Oct 4 2008 cruise is a 5 day cruise from New Orleans to the Caribbean.

Bill

MY WONDERFUL, awesome, incredible PVP found a way to make it work for me, but the cost was a little higher than I expected, and it turned out our friend couldn't get the days off work at the last minute. Moral of the story - there's nothing better than a good PVP - oh, and figure out WHO you want to take on the cruise before 5 days out!!!

It sounds like you've gotten a solution but as an FYI, you can get roll-away information (i.e. which cabins "allow" one) on the website www.cruisedeckplans.com.

For instance, the Fantasy, it's

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fantasy.php

Click on "Cabin Details by deck" and it will show each cabin's roll-away designation by "RAB:#". If the # is zero, no rollaways are allowed in that cabin.

Okay so we have a cruise booked on the Fantasy Oct 4, and we're in a quad with two lowers and two uppers. The Fantasy is one of the ships that allows 5 to a cabin, and a friend of ours is interested in joining us. I called to inquire about doing so, and I was told it was a quad cabin with no rollaway bed and therefore could only accomodate 4 people. I mentioned to the PVP I talked to that none of the rooms have rollaways, that the steward just brings them in - but she insisted that that room was not "Set up for 5 people." As all of the cabins are pretty much identical, this just doesn't make sense to me. I'm wondering if I should call and ask another PVP, or if this is indeed the way it works and I should just tell our friend it's not possible. Any advice/experience with this is much appreciated.

Not all quad cabins can take a roll away. Why do you think they would lie to you about this?

My advice is see if they can move you to a cabin that will accommodate the extra bedding.

And no, the cabin steward doesn't "just bring in the bed". While it's true he will be the one, understand that he will NOT deliver a bed to a cabin that is not set up for it......

There are fire and safety concerns involved here. It's not just because they are in a bad mood today.

Not all quad cabins can take a roll away. Why do you think they would lie to you about this?

My advice is see if they can move you to a cabin that will accommodate the extra bedding.

And no' date=' the cabin steward doesn't "just bring in the bed". While it's true he will be the one, understand that he will NOT deliver a bed to a cabin that is not set up for it......

There are fire and safety concerns involved here. It's not just because they are in a bad mood today.[/quote']

Scroll up. The final outcome for this problem is in post #8

And no' date=' the cabin steward doesn't "just bring in the bed". While it's true he will be the one, understand that he will NOT deliver a bed to a cabin that is not set up for it......

There are fire and safety concerns involved here. It's not just because they are in a bad mood today.[/quote']

It is not that they lie G'ma, it is that they do not always know what they are talking about. You should know this with your many valuable years and experience as a TA. Ans as the abover poster has stated, the issue has been resolved.

It is not that they lie G'ma, it is that they do not always know what they are talking about. You should know this with your many valuable years and experience as a TA. Ans as the abover poster has stated, the issue has been resolved.

Exactly. First person I talked to at Carnival simply said sorry, can't be done, totally impossible. MY PVP, the next morning, found a way to MAKE it work. It's all in who you talk to.

Same thing just happened to me with Verizon. One rep said IT HAD NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, the next one said OF COURSE, WE WILL ADJUST IT.

Unfortuately, this is true, 3 calls to get the same answer twice!

Enjoy the cruise!:D

Archived