Mr Barbados..Please

sweetdardar

I know that you get hammered with questions but I think this is a new one. We are planning on taking the bus and hoped to start out seeing Bottom Bay, then to Folkstone marine Park for some snorkeling and to Cocomos for lunch and off to Paynes Bay to lay out some and go to Bombas. We will be off the ship around 8AM and back at 430. Its this even feasible? Is it hard to find the bus routes or would it sometimes be better to grab a taxi for some of the hops? I know that you can get an all day taxi but the price is a little more than we were looking for. Please help as we are leaving on Nov 5th, Thanks....

[quote name='sweetdardar']I know that you get hammered with questions but I think this is a new one. We are planning on taking the bus and hoped to start out seeing Bottom Bay, then to Folkstone marine Park for some snorkeling and to Cocomos for lunch and off to Paynes Bay to lay out some and go to Bombas. We will be off the ship around 8AM and back at 430. Its this even feasible? Is it hard to find the bus routes or would it sometimes be better to grab a taxi for some of the hops? I know that you can get an all day taxi but the price is a little more than we were looking for. Please help as we are leaving on Nov 5th, Thanks....[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is a new one! (thank you!)

We haven’t taken the bus in a number of years since we bought a car, but I’ll tell you what I know.

First, you have lots of time. No worries there. And you’re there on a Friday and not a weekend. No worries again.

Bus # 12A out of the Fairchild Street station (about a mile walk from the pier) will take you as far as Shrewsbury, just above long bay, ¼ mile from Bottom Bay. I’d take that and hoof-it a few blocks.

Now, back to the west coast…….

I’d catch the bus back to the Fairchild station (runs every ½ hour on weekdays) and either take the shuttle, or walk to the Princess Alice Terminal (about 1-1/4 miles).

Take bus # 1C out of Princess Alice Terminal directly to Folkstone. Catch it again (back to town) when you’re ready to go down to Payne’s and then again to the pier on Princess Alice Hwy (#1).

The alternative that costs US$.25 more is just to do the shuttle when you’re on the west coast. Quick and easy.

You’ve got time to do the bus and the wonderful Barbadians will gladly help you find your way. Start early, ask questions. Enjoy!

I’m here for another month or so, so if you need more info, I’ll be glad to help. :)

Archived