My Majesty Review - 9/20/08 to 9/27/08 Phila to Bermuda

cruiserkelli

Hi Kelli - Thanks for the great Majesty review! We have not sailed with NCL since 1994 (have sailed recently with RCI) and are looking forward to it! In fact, we leave for Port Canaveral (Freedom of the Seas) 5 days after we get back from the Majesty.

We are interested in going to Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay Beach - did you do any of these? If so, how did you get there? Also, did you use the bus for any transportation?

Thanks again!

Hi dwdwnurse;

We didn't get to the beaches this trip as I've done them many times before, when I was younger and didn't mind the sand up my bathing suit. We did take a taxi to Hamilton as I'm too impatient for the bus. I've used the buses in the past and they are a great value but I do prefer my own time table and I hate waiting around for a bus and then having it make a million stops before mine. LOL...I'm really not patient as I get older. Honestly though, the buses are great and a great value. Horseshoe Bay is my favorite and it is gorgeous! Kelli

Nice, thorough review! I can also vouch for the quality attitude of the crew and hotel staff. It will be sad to see Majesty leave the NCL fleet.

We took your advice and booked an AB stateroom on Majesty out of Philly for next fall. ;) We only wish we could take the same Roll Call friends with us again! :)

Great info and tips! I love the idea of ordering an anniversary package (and we WILL be on our 11th, so it's fitting). As you point out $79 is well worth all you get and we'd planned to dine at Le Bistro anyway.

We had chocolate covered strawberries in the cabin on our last cruise and they were amazing!

I agree with everything you wrote about the hardworking crew and share your deep respect for all they do.

Take care, M.

Nice, thorough review! I can also vouch for the quality attitude of the crew and hotel staff. It will be sad to see Majesty leave the NCL fleet.

We took your advice and booked an AB stateroom on Majesty out of Philly for next fall. ;) We only wish we could take the same Roll Call friends with us again! :)

Hi Steve and Sherry,

We are looking at either the first or second cruise in Oct. 09...she's not sailing from Philly but 10/3, 10, 17 and 24...not much for Philly.

We really enjoyed ourselves...the Roll Call was the best ever!

@DWDNurse - the buses are ok but they can be slow and also crowded at peak times. If going to Hamilton or Dockyard your best bet is to take the ferry. The only problem with the ferry is that it runs infrequently and quits early (last ferry back is usually 5PM and the next one before that is 2 or 3PM).

The bus stops are marked by pink or blue poles. A pink pole means the bus goes towards Hamilton, blue pole means away from Hamilton. The stops are often without shelter and right on the side of the road so be careful when you're waiting! I believe all of the stops are "request stops" so if no one is waiting at a stop, the bus won't stop unless someone inside hits the button, and they aren't named at all. If you don't know where you're going you will probably want to ask around for either the driver or someone friendly to help you. Getting to the big tourist centers (Dockyard, Hamilton, St. George's) is probably fairly idiot proof, though since the main bus depot is in Hamilton and Dockyard/St. George's are pretty much the end of their respective lines.

You can get multiple-day passes that are good for both bus and ferry which pays for itself fairly easily if you make a few trips. When they get off the boat everyone will go to the Vistor Information Centre, but you can also get passes at the post office at the end of the block. Usually a shorter wait. Some shops also sell passes.

Thanks Kelli and jzerocsk (hope I spelled that right!) for the great tips! It will be such a luxury to be docked there for 3 days and not have to worry about running back to the ship by 4:00!

Thanks again - counting down the days :)

Deb

We are looking at either the first or second cruise in Oct. 09...she's not sailing from Philly but 10/3, 10, 17 and 24...not much for Philly.

We really enjoyed ourselves...the Roll Call was the best ever!

Not many options for Philly, but we're in for 10/10. Maybe we'll have a mini-reunion? :)

We'll see 'ya on the 10/10 Roll Call thread! After reading your review, I'm ready to go again this Saturday. :D

Hey Philly Steve!

I can't believe we have to wait a whole year to go! I also can't believe we've been back less than a week...seems like a lifetime! I'm just glad that next year we've got an unobstructed AB because our suite last week was 80% obstructed. We basically had a lifeboat blocking our entire bay window in the sitting area. Next year we actually got 2 suites with no obstruction and they are next to each other. Hope you were lucky enough to get one of the other 4 unobstructed AB's. If you aren't sure and you have the number, I can check it for you on the cruise stateroom website. Kelli

Hope you were lucky enough to get one of the other 4 unobstructed AB's. If you aren't sure and you have the number, I can check it for you on the cruise stateroom website. Kelli

Hi Kelli!

Pretty sure we're okay. We're on a lower deck with AB-607, toward the "pointy end" of the ship. :) We've had cabins close to the bow before and don't mind the motion. Also, I like being close to Deck 5. Know anything else about this stateroom?

Steve

We were on the same cruise as you; I went looking for your review because of the comment about Cruise Critic at the last Sam Fedele show. I agree with you about the quality of the food and service, great no complaints. I think people just like to complain. (I did hear plenty of them) But I had to laugh....I was freezing the whole time, I kept saying "I should have brought warmer clothes", Which goes to show, you can never make everybody happy..... Enjoyed your review, thanks.

Archived