Helpful To Newbies - After 5,000 postings

garycarla

Thanks for all the helpful information. You mentioned doing a search for past menus. I tried doing so on this site as well as NCL and couldn't find anything. Any other places to search?

This link has menus for the Gem and I think you can also go to other NCL ships for info right from the link. Hope it helps.

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLGem-Profile.html

• 1 month later...
Bravo!

Another newbie tip: When asking a question on the forum, use a helpful word in the title of your post (e.g., menu, Spirit, balcony, refrigerator, wine, spa, etc.) so others can search and find your posts easily!

I was just going to say something like this. It does no help to scan the threads when they are titled merely "Am I the only one?" "Question," etc. I usually don't waste my time opening those threads.

Kathy

• 5 months later...
I may sound ignorant, and apologize if I am, but garycarla.....it's never even been hinted that the mdr is open an embarkation day.....are you sure? I hate the buffet....

I've been on a number of NCL cruises and we always head to the MDR upon boarding. The boarding staff will try to direct you to the buffet, but the MDR is open (at 12:30, i believe). The service tends to be slower than normal, but it is worth it to avoid the crowds.

I may sound ignorant, and apologize if I am, but garycarla.....it's never even been hinted that the mdr is open an embarkation day.....are you sure? I hate the buffet....

Guaraaaantee it , one of the MDR's is always open for lunch ;)

Boy GC if ya only had a nickel ...

AHHHHHHHHH, the Spa!!!!! The Pearl has the BEST.

They have a male and female dressing room that do have shower caps and shower gel/shampoo just like in the rooms. There are robes, towels too. You buy the spa pass for the week (around 120) and it is WELL worth it. You check in and they give you a robe and a locker key. There is a sauna, steam room that is glass on three sides looking outside, one side down the length of the ship, an ice plunge mini pool, two personal jacuzzis and lounge chairs to look out the front windows. Then you can go into the coed area where there is a pool with a bubble standing area, a seated (like a lounge chair) bubble area, and a powerful spout that will at the push of a button send water pounding down on your sore shoulders and neck. There is a rain forest shower, and ice shower, lounge chairs looking out the front vast windows, and the most wonderful heated tiled loungers you have ever experienced.This is an indulgence that I cannot pass up on a cruise on the Pearl! I always buy the spa pass for the week the first thing on the ship!

And it is also not advertised, but the first night on the NCL cruise is Lobster Night in the MDR. I was on the Jewel in October and we ate in the large MDR, and we were able to have as many half tails as we cared to eat. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
And it is also not advertised, but the first night on the NCL cruise is Lobster Night in the MDR. I was on the Jewel in October and we ate in the large MDR, and we were able to have as many half tails as we cared to eat. :rolleyes:

That's true much of the time. However, on our Jewel cruise last summer, Lobster night was on Thursday. We missed it because we ate in Mama's!!! :eek:

This posting has great information! Thanks!

I suggest too that you write a compliment on NCL's STYLE card whenever you see an employee doing a great job.

That STYLE card will help the employee in the future when NCL is deciding if his/her contract should be renewed or a promotion should be given.

It has been said on the boards that since the beginning of the year NCL has stopped the STYLE program and put a new one in its place. No more STYLE cards! :cool:

Archived