Wheelchair transportation from MIA airport to area Hotel & Port of Miami

djmcwilliams106

I will be traveling with my mom (taking electronic wheelchair), husband and 3 children. Any suggestions on transportation options in Miami? We are arriving in MIA Nov. 1 and cruise Nov. 2. I tried calling super shuttle but the people answer the phone seem annoyed that I called trying to get information. They keep telling me to go to the desk when I arrive at the airport. I'm trying to get a gauge on availability of accessible transport as well as prices. I work for AIG and while we booked and paid for this trip months ago, now with the current situation we are trying to be conservative with our spending as the fate of my job situation is unclear at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

since there are so many of you, it will probably be cheaper to take a taxi as Super shuttle charges per person. You can call and ask for a fare quote as they hae accessible vehicles at all locations. If you like the fare, book it. Reservations are not required but recommended.

Here's a list of accessible taxis companies, but you can find them at the airport. You might want to call and inquire to see if one can hold all of you and your luggage.

http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/04Acc%20Cab%20List.pdf

Candy

since there are so many of you, it will probably be cheaper to take a taxi as Super shuttle charges per person. You can call and ask for a fare quote as they hae accessible vehicles at all locations. If you like the fare, book it. Reservations are not required but recommended.

Here's a list of accessible taxis companies, but you can find them at the airport. You might want to call and inquire to see if one can hold all of you and your luggage.

http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/04Acc%20Cab%20List.pdf

Candy

Candy - Thank you so much this was such a concern for us as to the point that my mom was going to try to travel without her chair which I know would be a huge problem as she is recovering from double total knee replacement (about a 1.5 yrs now but one knew never passed 45 degrees) and sever neuropathy (not sure if spelling correctly) in both feet and really bad spine problems. I will check it out. Thanks,

Archived