New Orleans pre cruise

auburn77

Carnival shows a great pre-cruise rate of $71 pp for the Astor Crown Plaza. However, I went to the hotel website and saw that they charge around $28/day valet parking. Is this the only option at this hotel? No self park?

That's a GREAT rate - wow! You can park more cheaply in some of the public lots across Canal from the quarter, as long as you're willing to walk a few blocks. Rates range from $10 a day to $20 a day.

The Astor is a good deal. It's in a great location and they provide earplugs in case you are facing Burbon street. In terms of location to the FQ and CBD, you can't get any better.

They don't have a parking lot and their valet parking parks in a lot that is several blocks away. What really ticked me off though is that it isn't "real" valet parking. When you leave, they collect people in a shuttle and drive you to the parking lot and go up and down until you see your car. :rolleyes: I had such a problem with that, I demanded they bring me my car since I was paying for valet parking.

The Astor is a good deal. It's in a great location and they provide earplugs in case you are facing Burbon street. In terms of location to the FQ and CBD, you can't get any better.

They don't have a parking lot and their valet parking parks in a lot that is several blocks away. What really ticked me off though is that it isn't "real" valet parking. When you leave, they collect people in a shuttle and drive you to the parking lot and go up and down until you see your car. :rolleyes: I had such a problem with that, I demanded they bring me my car since I was paying for valet parking.

OMG:eek: As many times we have been to NOLA we have never had that happen. I would have done the same thing. The only time we had a problem with valet parking at a hotel there was when we had to wait at least an hour to get our car. They only had 1 person working valet.

You might want to stay in metairie between the airport and the quarters hotel much cheaper and free parking!;)

Thanks for the advice, but have decided to stay at the Beau Rivage and drive to NO the morning of the cruise. Free parking and only about an hour and a half drive. Just worried I'll lose my money before I can get to the ship to lose it.

Archived