Singles party??

Bstfrnds

It's been a few years since I attended one--have been joyfully married for four years now--but DH and I walked past the night club where they were having the singles party on our last cruise.

As I recall, there's no required "dress code" but, if you're concerned about fitting in, I can tell you that the party-goers tended to dress in what I think of as "night-club" clothing. When I cruised with my best girlfriend, we went to the party dressed in our professional clothes (we were both schoolteachers) and definitely felt out of place. Women were in very short dresses, often with either no straps or spaghetti straps--in other words, lots of skin showing. Men tended to be in either polo shirts and slacks or shirt-and-tie and slacks. Generally, the ones with shirt-and-tie ended up rolling up their sleeves by the end of the evening (not surprising, given how energetic dancing is!).

We small-town schoolteachers were also shocked :eek: when we saw one of the women (rumor had it she was the girlfriend of one of the ship's officers) "dancing" on the floor between the officer's legs, with her feet in the air, legs wide open. Given the fact that her undergarments were--well, non-existent--this was a sight to see. And BOY, were the men's eyes glued on her! We didn't stand a chance! :rolleyes:

It's been a few years since I attended one--have been joyfully married for four years now--but DH and I walked past the night club where they were having the singles party on our last cruise.

As I recall, there's no required "dress code" but, if you're concerned about fitting in, I can tell you that the party-goers tended to dress in what I think of as "night-club" clothing. When I cruised with my best girlfriend, we went to the party dressed in our professional clothes (we were both schoolteachers) and definitely felt out of place. Women were in very short dresses, often with either no straps or spaghetti straps--in other words, lots of skin showing. Men tended to be in either polo shirts and slacks or shirt-and-tie and slacks. Generally, the ones with shirt-and-tie ended up rolling up their sleeves by the end of the evening (not surprising, given how energetic dancing is!).

We small-town schoolteachers were also shocked :eek: when we saw one of the women (rumor had it she was the girlfriend of one of the ship's officers) "dancing" on the floor between the officer's legs, with her feet in the air, legs wide open. Given the fact that her undergarments were--well, non-existent--this was a sight to see. And BOY, were the men's eyes glued on her! We didn't stand a chance! :rolleyes:

We small-town schoolteachers were also shocked :eek: when we saw one of the women (rumor had it she was the girlfriend of one of the ship's officers) "dancing" on the floor between the officer's legs, with her feet in the air, legs wide open. Given the fact that her undergarments were--well, non-existent--this was a sight to see.

UGH. That's about all I can say!!

Thanks for the info on dressing--that helps me alot!!! I too am going with my best friend and we are so excited--it's our first vacation together and we leave in 2 weeks.

"Dress to impress"...........like most nightclubs here in Dallas which includes anything from jeans to cocktail dresses....but like the one above said....typical night club wear!......The single's party usually starts about 11pm or midnight the first night.......then we all just party all week!;)

Hello Randy.. it would seem if you're going to a single's party.. you are single, and would WANT to dress to impress! Have you recovered yet?

That would be a YES on the dress code........and a RESOUNDING no on the recovery.....oh, but soooooooooooo worth it!:D

I am most sure, Randy, it was worth it! I hope to be able to say the same on the 14th! Actually, am talking with another friend for one of your future cruises.. after reading your reviews, and others.. sounds like I MUST take one of those cruises!

Karen

• 5 months later...
do any couples go to the singles partys looking for um... fun?;)

But who is going to keep an eye on the teenage daughters that you are so concerned about while you're, um... looking for fun?

Archived