Not the Jewel in my Crown

subadmiral

Subadmiral...may I ask you one question please? How was the sea when you hit the North Atlantic? Was it choppy? Did you hit the tailend of any of those hurricaines? We're on the same cruise next year - and now I'm wondering if the seas might end up being more than I bargained for. I like a good bounce - let's me know that Mother Nature is reminding me who is really in charge. But I still want to be able to get out on the deck and do a good walkabout.

Thank you and my apologies for going a bit OT.

The seas were actually quite good compared to some other trips that time of year that I have taken in the N. Atlantic. The Captain did an excellent:) job in navigating a route that for the most part kept the seas forward of the beam. The seas were up to about 15 feet on the leg out of Iceland, and some people had trouble with their sea legs, but I did not hear of too many bad reports.

As we left Halifax, Tropical Storm Kyle intensified, but went inland of us, and did not have time to build the seas up to a great degree. It really battered Nova Scotia after we had left.

I wouldn't worry too much in advance next year. NCL will choose a track to minimize storm impact, even if it means skipping a port.

Halo, we had a similar dining room experience on Princess earlier this year. One morning there were 7 of us at the table, everyone got their breakfast at a different time, mine being last and my eggs were still clear in the inside, the spinach was still cold, almost frozen. I could have sent it back but everyone else was about finished so I just skipped breakfast. BTW our waiters on Princess throughout the entire cruise with rare exception were just plain not friendly; I wouldn't say bad, but just not persaonable in any way. Maybe this is a sign of the times. We felt somewhat the same on the Star last fall. Some outstanding service, some lacking. I have learned if we ask questions about their families, etc they usually give better service. I think they get homesick and like to have people care about them.

Nita

I don't disagree that it can happen on any line. I think my issue was that on a 15 day cruise only one meal was served properly.

I know how that must sound to people...but trust me I am not hard to please. Like I said, this cruise was all in all, amazing and the poor service in the dining rooms didn't stop me in any way from having a good time. Since I'll be sailing on NCL again in March, I'll have a better feel if this is how it is on NCL or if I was just unfortunate on that sailing. The crew was friendly as all get-out...personalities were not in any way the problem. I loved every crew member I met on that ship. It was just as if they had NO idea what they were doing.

Archived