What to do????

2PinaColadas

:confused: We are still trying to decide what to do in Grand Cayman. It is between Moby Dick's stingray tour and being dropped off at 7 Mile Beach OR the Rays, Reef and Rum Point through Nativeway. I would really like to see Rum Point (looks very pretty and I love to take pictures), but am not sure that we will be there long enough to really enjoy it. We would have more beach time (DH and I are beach bums) if we did the Moby Dick tour, but ... Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!!

We too are going to Grand Cayman and trying to decide what to do????? We will be there from i believe 8a-6p??? We have never been there before and have read great reviews about stingray city but don't know who to book through? We are also beach lovers so would not mind a little time there but als want to do a little shopping???? Don't kno if we can fit it all in??? Do you know if there is shopping near the pier??

Dpeeps, Since you are in port all day you should be able to do everything that you want. You could do a stingray excursion in the morning and have them drop you on 7 mile beach for a few hours and then grab a cab back to the pier area for shopping. There is a lot of shopping right around the pier. Check out the webcams at http://www.reefgrill.com - would be a good spot for your beach time. They have food, drink, showers and rental chairs and umbrellas.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Name That Excursion!!!! Help

A little bit about what we like and dont like.

Like:

-beautiful sand/clear water beaches

-water sports- jet ski, boats. etc.

-beautiful, romantic and relaxing environment

-cheap cheap cheap.

-activities that involve water but not a lot of animals, fish ok

-dolphins if not too expensive and worth what you pay.

dislikes:

-barracudas, stingrays.. scary water animals..

-yucky beach and water...

-excursions involving a lot of walking, sweating etc.

-restaurant that only has tacos and mexican buffet. seafood and american food is a plus

we were thinking of doing the waverunner tour that goes to the ship wreck and does the snorkelling but now looking at the picture im kinda scared :( any ideas on what we could do??

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Royal Palms is over the top expensive, we're trying to keep costs down, too. They have a really good restaraunt from what I've read (you can actually see it online if you google it, I think) and good amenities, clean showers/chairs/umbrellas and you can rent snorkel equip and parasail, etc. for a bit more. I will probably just hang on the beach with the kiddos. From what I've read it's not overcrowded... SeaGrape is supposed to be good, too. The semi-sub tour was reasonable, but only lasts about an hour. viator.com had the best deals on booking that, about $5 less than Atlantis, which is the actual site. Both beaches are supposed to be really beautiful and clean... we're looking so forward to our trip and visiting Royal Palms. Oh, and I'll bet you can rent waverunners there, too. But the excursion you're looking at with the snorkeling is probably REALLY cool, you should do it!

Archived