Question about tendering in Cayman???

lcalle

The schedule of my cruise is as follows:

leaves tampa at 4:00

fun day at sea

arrives cayman at 8:00 departs at 3:00

fun day at sea

arrives at cozumel at 11:00 departs at 8:00

My question is... this is per carnivals website.. is this our time or their time? how long will i really get to be at cayman if were "tendering"

does this mean we have to get to the boat way before 3?

also, is it a better choice to plan an excursion in cozumel based on time.

maybe its a better idea to just enjoy the beach at grand cayman?

I had optional excursions for both? can anyone recommend if its a good idea?? or if they have done it and if the time fits??

here are some excursion ideas we had in mind.

In Grand cayman:

-Waverunner wreck reef and snorkel- 2 hour jet ski ride with snorkeling. they have a 10:30-12:30.

-relax at beach (7 mile or rumpoint) This would be on our own.

In cozumel:

-definitely the dolphin encounter

-some time of snorkeling

-mr sanchos minus the all exclusive (getting there on our own)

we planned on maybe doing the dolphin encounter and then relaxing at mr sanchos?

ANY ADVICE???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

We just went on Inspiration from Tampa to Caymans and Cozumel. The ship time was 1 hour ahead of local time, you might need to check the time of year you are going and daylight savings time information. So we were at Caymans from 7-2 (cayman time) but you do want to make sure you remember what the ship time is. We had a private excursion and got off the ship within 15 mins from being there. You are to be back on board 1 hour before you leave, but if you are in line you are OK.. don't be late they left a couple who had to pay $150 to catch the boat, they were lucky we were not very far out or they couldn't have done that.

Either excursion you have will work, if you are going with a reputuble company they every much know the ships time and will get you back.

Cozumel you walk right off the ship as soon as you dock, so in Coz time it was 10-7, you have to be on ship 30 mins before sail, we saw many walk up after, everyone was one by 10 til, that cuts it to close for me. Dolphin and Mr Sanchos should both be fine as I think the beach closes well before you have to get back, taxis are so easy to get.

Have a great time.

wow! thanks so much... your times line up with mine. Those are the times the cruise sites listed but carnival lists one hour ahead of everyone else. So i was a bit confused. How was your trip??? Did you have a good time??? What did you do there?? Sorry If im being nosey.. its just this is our first cruise and i want to know as much as possible about it!!!

Our first time to Caymans, we did the Stingray/snorkel with Sotos cruises and would highly recommend them. They were great to work with and cheaper than the cruise line excursion. They picked us up at a local parking lot close to the port and dropped us off right at the port. Only about 30 people can fit on the ship so not too many people that you can't get to do what you want.

In Cozumel we did a jungle hike, my husband liked it more than I did, don't mind the hike but the mosquitoes were really bad, we were prepared with long sleeves and spray but would rather have done something else. Our friends did the ships jeep excursion that goes to the mainland and they had a really good time.

We went back the ship pretty early as I got so tired of all the vendors constantly on us to look at their stuff, didn't do this in Caymans or when we were in Progesso. I know it is their livelyhood but it was really a constant thing to where you couldn't just look around and enjoy the town. If I ever get to go back I will do an excursion that takes me away all day from the shops, the beaches do sound nice, and we would like to do the mini submarine or snorkel there. I had family that did the Dolphin thing at Cancun and they really liked it.

You will have a great time no matter what you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

In GC you should have time to do an excursion and enjoy the public 7 mile beach for a while, too. As the beach is public you don't have to pay to get in and most areas have chairs, showers, nearby restaraunts... we're going to Royal Palms, which I hear is lovely. You can see the ship from the beach (though it's a couple of miles away)... you can easily get a taxi back anytime you are ready.

Archived