Summit Vacuum?

sjb95u

I have a question about the Summit, have been unable to find this answer anywhere.

I am packing some "space saver bags" for my Nov-Summit Med cruise, lots of "light" sweaters for the in-between weather but they can take up a lot of room. To compact them in the bag, you use a vacuum.

Question: When I'm ready to pack up my suitcase at the end of the cruise, will there be a vacuum available that I could use to compact these bags once again?

Thanks! Everyone on CC is so helpful!

Susan~

Our Cruise Website: http://www.freewebs.com/summitnov1/

You can just buy the travel space saver bags that don't require a vacuum. They have a one-way vent and you roll them up after packing to get the air out. They work great, but as another poster mentioned, be careful because it is very easy to go over the luggage weight limit.

Hi Susan, it's Peg.

Can you believe 3 WEEKS TO GO????? I can hardly wait!:D

The bags I purchased (Walmart) state right on them that you can either use a vacuum or roll them.

John weighed our empty suitcases just to get a sense of our "poundage" starting point. One weighed 16 pounds and the other, 11. OUCH! I'll probably be wearing half my garments onto the plane :eek: What a picture! (just joshing!)

See you soon :):):)

Yes, I was on the Summit last year (Hawaii) and I asked our cabin Steward if he didn't mind vacuuming the air out of the space bag. He knew exactly how to do it - he said he had done it many times. So, I left the filled bag on my bed before going for dinner on the last evening, and when I came back, the bag was vacuumed. I plan on doing the same thing in a couple of weeks when we are on the Panama cruise. Hope this helps.

Archived