Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

letsgo and i and lots of fun folks are <LIVE from pb and doing the bar hop and wooofreakinghoo... this is sooo much fun!!!!!;):D:p WE will do this again and again!! <hello from Smoke and you have got to do this tour, it is the best!! Tom, Greg and Tigre are the best ever!!!

signing off and back to the windex!!wooohooooo

letsgo and i and lots of fun folks are <LIVE from pb and doing the bar hop and wooofreakinghoo... this is sooo much fun!!!!!;):D:p WE will do this again and again!! <hello from Smoke and you have got to do this tour, it is the best!! Tom, Greg and Tigre are the best ever!!!

signing off and back to the windex!!wooohooooo

Sounds like a good time was had by all....

thanks for the recommendation.....

Whew I am still wishing I was on the bar hop and it has been 3 days now... I have to say this was the best thing I have done in 17 cruises!! and sorry about the typos in my last posting..boy was I having me some fun!!:D

I have a ton of pics from the east side if anyone wants to see the PG version of them just email me...lol jk they are all PG rated!

We had 13 on our tour and Tigre was our driver, great guy and very safe driver!! Greg(dude rocks) is a wonderful host/guide... and Tom well is just simply the best! I think we ended up stopping at 4 bars on the east side and then PB(we elected to go to another bar on east side, instead of going to Margaritaville) Everyone of these bars were just amazing... When you get there you get your free shot.. then you can choose to purchase another drink, beer, etc.. I actually tried local beers..yum wished I had a few right now;)... We ate lunch at the last stop on the east side, I had chicken tacos and they were delish, and very reasonable prices, everyone tried different dishes and not a complaint was heard.

I had a 10 min massage at our first stop, ohhhhh boy, I was so relaxed after that.. like I needed more drinks, jk..but a massage on the beach priceless. I would have done longer if we had more time.

We are going back in March and I plan on talking our group into going on this tour!! Or atleast I am going ;) I feel the need for some windex!! haha

The views of the ocean were just breathtaking

Any questions just ask..

tinal0271@hotmail.com

I think it depends on who makes up the group.

Our entire group was made up of passengers from two carnival ships that were both docked at Puerta Maya. We were picked up at Puerta Maya.

One thing I have learned is almost everything is negotiable ;)

Whew I am still wishing I was on the bar hop and it has been 3 days now... I have to say this was the best thing I have done in 17 cruises!! and sorry about the typos in my last posting..boy was I having me some fun!!:D

I have a ton of pics from the east side if anyone wants to see the PG version of them just email me...lol jk they are all PG rated!

We had 13 on our tour and Tigre was our driver, great guy and very safe driver!! Greg(dude rocks) is a wonderful host/guide... and Tom well is just simply the best! I think we ended up stopping at 4 bars on the east side and then PB(we elected to go to another bar on east side, instead of going to Margaritaville) Everyone of these bars were just amazing... When you get there you get your free shot.. then you can choose to purchase another drink, beer, etc.. I actually tried local beers..yum wished I had a few right now;)... We ate lunch at the last stop on the east side, I had chicken tacos and they were delish, and very reasonable prices, everyone tried different dishes and not a complaint was heard.

I had a 10 min massage at our first stop, ohhhhh boy, I was so relaxed after that.. like I needed more drinks, jk..but a massage on the beach priceless. I would have done longer if we had more time.

We are going back in March and I plan on talking our group into going on this tour!! Or atleast I am going ;) I feel the need for some windex!! haha

The views of the ocean were just breathtaking

Any questions just ask..

tinal0271@hotmail.com

hey glad to hear you enjoyed yourself so much. Am gonna be there next friday!!!

so which stop was your favorite? and your favorite drink?

rade, I honestly can't choose between any for my fav...Oh my Coconuts was lots of fun, the first was beautiful, gosh they were all awesome... of course the shot at the last stop on the east side was yum I even ordered the drink form of it!!:p But gotta always love the windex shot at PB!! HAHA

Have fun and tell Greg and Tom that Tina says Hello!

Noticed the bus leaves from Punta Langosta. What if your ship comes into Puerta Maya? How far of a walk is it to Punta Langosta?

I wouldn't recommend walking between the ports. It is a $7 taxi between them for up to 4 passengers.

How far is Magaritaville from the pier? How much is a taxi?

Margaritaville is just a block or two from Punta Langosta. Carlos & Charlie's and Senor Frogs are also near both ports in case you need more bar hopping at the end :)

Yes, true, both groups were picked up at different piers. Tom and his crew REALLY cater to you!!!

I am going to post a review this weekend. I am working on it. I will list all of the stops we made along with the shot we had at each. I'm telling you folks; this tour is great and you are in the BEST of hands. The guide is WONDERFUL and the driver drives safely.

We felt so welcome at each bar. The staff at each acted so excited to see us all arrive and they had the shots fixed within minutes. Some places even gave us double shots!! Just what I needed, LOL

If you are outgoing and loud and like to have fun..you will! If you are more quiet and just like to watch the action, then this will fit that bill too. You can't go wrong.

I was on the tour with Tina. That was the #2 excursion for me in all my life (second to America's Cup in St Maarten). Such a relaxing day, and away from all of the crowds and touristy stuff by the piers. I drank just enough for my wife to talk me into buying a pair of Alligator skin boots for her.

It's definitely not a tour where everyone gets plastered, it's more about seeing the paradise that is the Eastern side of the island (although it is what you make of it).

dj, I hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your cruise..I have some great pics of the east side, I need to post somewhere for all to see.. I think I did more pic taking then drinking, but I did do my share.. what a blast.. Great some great pics of the mom drinking off the table with straw..so cute:p

MD that tour was def wilder than ours...lol we had a small group of 13 and I think it was a perfect day for us.. you guys were having fun.. Tom and Greg are awesome host though no matter the size!!

This "excursion" sounds great!:D We have never been to Cozumel and were leaning towards Nachi Cocom but we'd like to see a bit of the island too.

Thanks CC!!!!! This is a great site.

You won't be disappointed. My wife and I were with dj, Tina and Kristi. I believe I can safely say we all had a good time. Let us know if you go.

John

We went on the barhop and had a wonderful time! There were 13 of us, including my best friend, Tina, and 3 others we had met from the roll call. (Hello there John, Becky, and Michelle) Additionally, there were 2 more from our ship, the Carnival Valor (hello again John and Becky..funny how you guys had the same names), and 6 from a RCCL ship.

The day started off with meeting Tom in front of the fountain at the Puerta Maya (sp) pier. Of course he was all smiles when he walked up. He introduced himself and asked if we were ready to have fun! Well YES!! We all were!!

We walked a short block to get to the bus (which is very nice--it's more like a shuttle bus w/plenty of cold A/C) and then picked up the RCCL group. Tom introduced all of us to our tour guide, Greg, who is originally from New York but had fallen in love with the island..and a pretty lady..and set up a permanant residence in Cozumel. Greg introduced our driver, whom he nick-named "Tigre".

Once on the road, Greg had a small map hanging and showed us what our route was for the day. He talked about how the houses get water, some of the history of the island, population and stats, etc. Greg is very knowledgeable about the island and answered any questions that popped up.

So , first stop --Punta Morena. A very rustic place but has a great staff and even better drinks. We were given a shot of Pina Maya-a mix of Xtabentun liquer and pineapple juice. Well lo and behold the pitcher wasn't empty yet after we all had our shots so guess what...we got another one at no cost. Woo-freakin-hoo as Tina says... we were off to a great start.

Each stop lasts about 45 mins, so after gulping our shots down, we were off to look at the beach. OMG you will not be disappointed in the East side of the island. The sand, the waves, the environment...ahhhh, heaven! It is so quiet there; it's like God made that beach just for you!

Next up--Coconuts. If you haven't been there...GO! Now this place was hoppin'. We were given a Tequila Slammer-half tequila/half sprite slammed down on the bar to make it fizzz and then sucked down. I got the first shot! Wow--that will wake you up! It was great. Okay, remember this place is called Coconuts for a reason. I won't spill it but just keep that in mind. (It's not offensive). The bar there is lively. I could easily spend the day there.

3rd stop-- El Galeon. Now first let me mention that we had a choice to do either Margaritaville or El Galeon. Since we all were enjoying the beautiful scenery and atmosphere, we chose to go to El Galeon. The bar is located on the other side of the highway, opposite the beach. It is a very rustic place. I believe Greg mentioned this is the place that has been destroyed twice by hurricanes, so the owner lady has rebuilt but not had a lot of money to do it with. So we were more than happy to give her our business. The waiter there...OMG he made us feel so very welcome. He was thrilled to see us and I was glad we had chosen to go there VS Margaritaville. I cannot remember the name of the shot that we had. I am thinking it tasted fruity. John, aka Smoke here at CC, bought us a drink. Thank you, John! I ordered a S*X on the beach and it was delicious. We sat down and enjoyed ourselves.

By this time, I was feeling just a little fuzzy, LOL Conversation was flowing w/lots of laughter. We did cross the road to have another look at the gorgeous beach and for some photo ops.

4th up--Rastas. Shots were Iguana's Blood - Mezcal, rum, midori, coconut cream and pineapple juice. They are green :) We all had lunch here. Tina and I split some chicken quesidillas and they were really good. She liked the Iguana shot so much that she ordered it in a drink. I had a strawberry margarita which I warn you...it will knock you on your butt. The definitely do not skimp on the tequila. ** Just a comment but remember they do not have electricity on this side of the island. So no frozen drinks. All the water and ice are purified though so you do NOT have to worry about getting sick**. By the end of this stop, everyone felt like family! We all bonded...all together now...."AWWWWW" LOL

And last but not least, our 5th stop...PARADISE BEACH, BABY! Of course, Tom was there waiting, Windex on hand. Windex consists of tequila, blue curacao, sprite and a bit of fresh lime juice. We were all told to line up so we each sat at the end of a beach chair and waited our turn. Yay, I am first again! So Greg pours it in your mouth, and you raise your hand when you've had enough. Of course, Tina got hoggish and found herself another place in line after she had already gulped her first shot, but we love her and looked over her at this point, LOL

After our Windex shots, we sort of congregated at the bar and talked, took group photos, and had more drinks, of course! Tom was a very gracious host to all of us and a whole lotta fun :)

And then came the bad news...it was time to leave beautiful PB and head back to the ship. Oh my, where did the day go? So after bidding a final farewell we headed back .

I wanted to shout out a special thank you to Tom, Greg, and Tigre for a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing your island with us and making sure we stayed safe. (For those not familiar with Cozumel, please note that not at anytime did I ever feel uncomfortable or entertain the notion of not being safe.) Thanks to my fellow bar hoppers for all the laughs and all the memories.

My dh is jealous that he didn't get to go on the bar hop, so we plan on going back in October and doing this tour again. In fact, I've already emailed Tom about it. I encourage you to try the tour. It's nice to see the other side and try out different bars. You can stay in the mix of things and socialize, or you can slip off down to the beach and enjoy some peace and quiet. As noted..it is what you make it :)

Archived