Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

thanks I hope you enjoy it. It's my first time in cozumel. Still undecided on what to do that day , its between this bar hop, passion island by twister, or mr sanchos. All seem really fun so its hard to decide!

You won't regret the bar hop!!! I just got back and had ALOT of fun. The stops are BEAUTIFUL!

I decided to book this one because all the reviews I found online were great, the price, and the variety of sights. :)

DSCF7464.jpg.978fdb8245543caa56cb7e5b403ebab6.jpg

DSCF7392.jpg.4b569da74a5916b06fd67e808a81add3.jpg

DSCF7461.jpg.fe2d82fedf4b6e6c74a4034ee986f53e.jpg

DSCF7431.jpg.c8db89d4768520ade91628ce8735e9a4.jpg

thanks Jenna! I guess what I dont want is a boring island tour ( been there done that never again thanks ) and alot depends on who's on the tour , if its a fun bunch of people that day ect. Im travelling with a few friends so we will discuss and decide together. how long do you get at each beach ? I dont want to spend more time on the bus than off the bus. Ive read so many great reviews, I dont think Ive heard anyone say anything negative.

thanks again

thanks Jenna! I guess what I dont want is a boring island tour ( been there done that never again thanks ) and alot depends on who's on the tour , if its a fun bunch of people that day ect. Im travelling with a few friends so we will discuss and decide together. how long do you get at each beach ? I dont want to spend more time on the bus than off the bus. Ive read so many great reviews, I dont think Ive heard anyone say anything negative.

thanks again

You're there around 45 minutes at each stop. Plenty of time to explore and grab a bite to eat if you want. The bars know you're on limited time and are quick on the delivery. The bars are all close together once you get to that side of the island.

You can always arrange your own personalised bar hop.We were just there last week,we had a mini bus pick us up at the dock even though there were only 2 of us in it.The driver Gerry took us along the same coast as the ship dock pointing out things of interest,stopping for photo's.shopping whatever you want.Then we headed over to the East Side beach bars.We took in 3 bars and we decided how long we wanted to stop at the bars.The whole trip was 4 hours but you can customise this to suit yourselves.The total cost for 2 of us for 4 hours was $120 plus gratuities.Probably even cheaper if there are more than 2.It was well worth having our own private bar hop/island tour.

You can always arrange your own personalised bar hop.We were just there last week,we had a mini bus pick us up at the dock even though there were only 2 of us in it.The driver Gerry took us along the same coast as the ship dock pointing out things of interest,stopping for photo's.shopping whatever you want.Then we headed over to the East Side beach bars.We took in 3 bars and we decided how long we wanted to stop at the bars.The whole trip was 4 hours but you can customise this to suit yourselves.The total cost for 2 of us for 4 hours was $120 plus gratuities.Probably even cheaper if there are more than 2.It was well worth having our own private bar hop/island tour.

thank you! there are 4 of us . did you get offered a free drink at each bar as well? sounds lke this might be the thing to do, I just saw someones pictures of the beaches on the east side and a picture of the murky water at paradise beach.

has anyone done this excursion on the party bus to beach bars on the other side of the island? How was it? Whats the price? Whats included? Any thing else i should know about, any info appreciated. Thanks!

I have done Bar Hop Tour twice & will be doing it again in Dec. Always a a fun time. Awesome, safe way to see more of the unspoiled beauty of Coz in clean, air conditioned buses with friendly & informative guides to answer any questions & tell you about the island.

Can't wait to do it again.

Is there any benefit to bringing pesos with me for the east side bars? I plan to have american dollars, since I know they only take cash, but if the pesos work out better I can convert some money at the bank before I travel.

Never used pesos but US $$$$ have always worked fine for me.

thank you! there are 4 of us . did you get offered a free drink at each bar as well? sounds lke this might be the thing to do, I just saw someones pictures of the beaches on the east side and a picture of the murky water at paradise beach.

No free shots with Gerry. We have used him twice for tours with our in-laws and he is great.

Murky water will be all up and down the WEST side (commercial side) of the island IF a storm has just passed through and stirred everything up.

We have been to Paradise Beach as many as 5 times a year since they opened....(about 20 times) and I think we had murky water twice.

But again...you can't control the weather.....

American Dollars are taken all over the island...just make sure you carry small demoninations.....it makes it easier for change....

Just got back last week from Bar Hop. LOVED it. Just be careful of the LARGE size margaritias at the third stop! They are big enough for 2 - 4 people and very strong.......enough said.

We really enjoyed Maria the guide, she is a hoot!! First stop has the highest prices, two drinks for 12 dollars. At the second stop we paid $19 for 4 drinks, and chips/salsa/guacamole.

It was a really FUN day.

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop in May with 6 ladies celebrating a birthday. It was amazing. Maria is awesome. The girls were a little hesitant...but afterwards told me it was the best part of the entire cruise!

Book it!!!

No we didn't get a free drink but having our own personalised tour with Gerry was well worth missing a few free drinks.

The bar hop was one of our favorite tours ever and definitely the best thing we ever did in Cozumel after many visits. One of the reasons is because it is a group tour where you get a chance to meet people. Also it was great to see the other side of the island. I am pretty bummed because it doesn't look like there's going to be a bar hop tour on our next visit to Cozumel. (Not enough interest for that day)

• 2 weeks later...

I was scheduled to do the bar hop last week, but due to hurricane Rina we missed the port of Cozumel. I'm happy to report that within three days my deposit had already been refunded. That's quality customer service! Not sure when I'll have the chance to visit Cozumel again, but you can bet I'll be scheduling the bar hop!

Thanks for your review. Our group just booked. Cant wait!

We had a group do this on our CC group cruise last month... it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We had about 38. We arrived late in Cozumel by about 4 hours due to a medical emergency, I kept in contact with Tom by email and he made arrangements so we could still enjoy our day.

Tom met us at the pier around 4? and led us to the bus. The bus was great... PLENTY of room, very clean, air conditioned, great driver (Carlos!!!). We first made our way to Paradise Beach, which is my usual place to go in Cozumel, so this was a new way to visit... we all received a free shot here (which is part of the "deal" with the barhop), and mingled for a while. The weather was great, water was beautiful (we had heard that some storms had rolled through weeks earlier, but everything was beautiful) Our group had a designated server and a nice spot on the beach. We stayed here for a while and then it was time to make our way to the next beach bar...

The ride was great, we came to find out that the ride in the bus with the group was half the fun. I had never been to the other side of the island in all my visits to Cozumel, and what a treat this was!! We arrived at The Rasta Bar, a little bar tucked away in paradise... and I mean paradise. I will post some pictures in a bit of all these places. Here, we received a free Margarita, and enjoyed the amazing scenery!!! The view was great and we were so fortunate to be here close to sunset. The food was really tasty as well. Do yourself a favor and just enjoy a relaxing few minutes in the hammock out back, the idea here is RELAX!! This side of the island is a completely different world, and I was glad we were able to visit.

We left there and went to Coconuts... now this place was a treat. If I thought the view at the previous bar was something, I had a surprise coming... wow, it was breathtaking right after sunset. Now, Tom will boast that Coconuts is the highest point in Cozumel... which is like 40 feet LOL... but it is a tiny bit of a walk uphill, but not bad at all. It's a little rocky. When we arrived it was starting to get dark, which I doubt most arrive then... the tikis were lit, the christmas lights were on (no power, generator power, dimly lit... just amazing, really added to the experience) There are all sorts of natures creatures at this place, and you could spend hours looking at the memorabilia on the walls. The drinks and food were phenomenal, and the staff was GREAT!!!! I can't say enough about Coconuts, I am looking forward to returning to spend some more time there... oh yeah, we got a shot here.

We were treated very well at every location we went to, and felt very catered to. By the time we got back on the bus, everyone was feeling very good... we had some sing-alongs and enjoyed a nice ride to Carlos and Charlies. This was such a perfect way to visit several bars and not worry about taking taxis all over the island. I would not hesitate to do this again and plan to do this everytime I'm in Cozumel. Tom treated us great and was the perfect host... the bars we visited were fantastic! It will be well worth the $49 and a great day!!

Behind the Rasta Bar

2745347500048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Rasta Bar

2461070740048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

Our bus

2248381670048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

View from Coconuts

2466742630048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

More Coconuts

2754102700048299733S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop tour on November 10. Tom and Greg our tour guide met us across the street from the Porta Maya pier. After a few minutes all of that days hoppers had gathered and began introductions. We had not met any of the other hoppers prior to that moment. There were 14 women along with Greg, Carlos the bus driver and me. Good odds for a old guy. It would not take long and there would not be any strangers on the bus. The bus was actually a new 18 passenger van and the AC worked very well.

We made 4 bar stops along the other side of the island. There was no stop at Paradise Beach but we have been there many times. Each bar stop was at least 45 minutes with only a short drive between stops. Greg had his work cut out for him getting everyone back on the bus each time. It must of been like herding cats.

We have been to Cozumel many times but never to the other side of the island. We are not big drinkers and even passed a few of the free shots to other hoppers.

I will include a few photos but will omit photo of the guests as I do not have their permission to post nor are some of them allowed in a public forumn. We had a great time and seen some great views included some R rated views Will do this again sometime.

CruiseNov2011157.jpg

CruiseNov2011155.jpg

CruiseNov2011147.jpg

CruiseNov2011192.jpg

CruiseNov2011191.jpg

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop tour on November 10. Tom and Greg our tour guide met us across the street from the Porta Maya pier. After a few minutes all of that days hoppers had gathered and began introductions. We had not met any of the other hoppers prior to that moment. There were 14 women along with Greg, Carlos the bus driver and me. Good odds for a old guy. It would not take long and there would not be any strangers on the bus. The bus was actually a new 18 passenger van and the AC worked very well.

We made 4 bar stops along the other side of the island. There was no stop at Paradise Beach but we have been there many times. Each bar stop was at least 45 minutes with only a short drive between stops. Greg had his work cut out for him getting everyone back on the bus each time. It must of been like herding cats.

We have been to Cozumel many times but never to the other side of the island. We are not big drinkers and even passed a few of the free shots to other hoppers.

I will include a few photos but will omit photo of the guests as I do not have their permission to post nor are some of them allowed in a public forumn. We had a great time and seen some great views included some R rated views Will do this again sometime.

CruiseNov2011157.jpg

CruiseNov2011155.jpg

CruiseNov2011147.jpg

CruiseNov2011192.jpg

CruiseNov2011191.jpg

Thank you for posting the pics! Can't wait to be there in a couple of weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this and Colleen was fabulous! We had 13 in our group and it was so much fun! I'd done it before with Gary who did a great job too. Got to meet Tom who is a really nice guy. Appreciated his email warning to bring cash as the other side of the island has no electricity to run credit cards. He also warned us we might need the cash for bail!!!

It's a real blast. Coconuts was really fun. I highly recommend this trip.

Archived