Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I am going to be on the Conquest and cruise into Cozumel at 10am on Jan. 25th. I am going to book the Bar Hop. Anyone else gonna be in port that day that is going to book the Bar Hop?

10am to 5pm is a do able time for the bar hop?

Sean

I am going to be on the Conquest and cruise into Cozumel at 10am on Jan. 25th. I am going to book the Bar Hop. Anyone else gonna be in port that day that is going to book the Bar Hop?

Sean

Definitely enough time. We were picked up at 9:30 am and dropped the first group off at about 2:30 pm.

Sean

That's a great time for the bar hop! Welcome to CC! If you go to the Roll Calls section of these boards, you can find the roll call for your sailing and get to know some of the folks you'll be sailing with ahead of time...maybe some of those people are doing the Hop as well!:)

We did the bar hop on Sat Oct 6th. The primitive side of the island is so beautiful. Greg our guide and Carlos our driver were awesome. Loved the coconut shrimp at Rasta's. Watch out for the small step (maybe an inch high) in the sidewalk around the new building with the cross on top. I went to go around the outside of it to take a picture and didn't see the step and crashed and burned.

You should get a detailed email from Tom, explaining where to meet, usually Starbucks I think. Bring cash to pay the rest of your fee, they will collect upon boarding the bus. We tipped them halfway thru the excursion, it was great, there were 3 of us and we gave Colleen and driver $20 a piece and they seemed very happy. Also remember to bring enough cash for the eastside of the island, no electricity so its cash only for drinks, food and souveniers.

Just catch a cab to Starbucks, its about 5-10 minutes away. Its downtown.

Happy Sailing,

I agree with the above. Tom will send you an email.

However, I notice you said the deposit was $19, which indicates to me you may have booked a few months ago? I think it is $27 per person deposit now.

I know he moved to a new website and payment system. You might email him to double check that he has your reservation.

We went last February and had a wonderful time! Tom did email with the time to meet and location. Ours was at the Starbucks in town as well. We took a cab downtown and walked around a bit, then went to Starbucks and enjoyed the free wifi (with purchase) until they met up with us and we headed out the bus.

I can't remember how much we tipped. I know it wouldn't have been less than $20 for Colleen and another $10 for the driver. It may have been $20 each. There were 2 in our party and I felt it was well worth it for the fun (and safety) they provided.

We are going back next month, I can't wait!

I haven't gone yet, so I can't answer that, but remember that you're paying for a vehicle to take you there and a guide...and it's what...5 hours? Could you imagine how much a ship would charge for the same excursion? And I think with the new price you get a free t-shirt.

I haven't gone yet, so I can't answer that, but remember that you're paying for a vehicle to take you there and a guide...and it's what...5 hours? Could you imagine how much a ship would charge for the same excursion? And I think with the new price you get a free t-shirt.

So true, your right! i just wanted to know what to expect with prices for beers and drinks my dh can drink!! :D

Can anyone tell me if the Bars you stop @ are pricey? Thinkin about doing this but sounds like $57pp is alot. Tryin to get a idea on prices on drinks?:)

Between the free shots...and extra free shots, we only got another drink or two. I don't remember it being too crazy. The transportation makes the price worth it too.

They will offer photos for sale at the end of the excursion too...

We did this in September and loved it and will be going again next September. It is soooo beautiful over there. We spent about $100 only because each stop was known for something and we tried everything. Also Mexico is normally MY DAY so my husband made sure I had fun. The shots were great and I had several drinks & shots on top of it. My fave is Rasta's coconut shrimp which I think was about $15 or so and Rasta's COCO LOCO drink.

We did this in September and loved it and will be going again next September. It is soooo beautiful over there. We spent about $100 only because each stop was known for something and we tried everything. Also Mexico is normally MY DAY so my husband made sure I had fun. The shots were great and I had several drinks & shots on top of it. My fave is Rasta's coconut shrimp which I think was about $15 or so and Rasta's COCO LOCO drink.

$100 not bad that sounds good! Thanks everyone for the replies!:)

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if the Bars you stop @ are pricey? Thinkin about doing this but sounds like $57pp is alot. Tryin to get a idea on prices on drinks?:)

I know you've already received some feedback on this.. but I'm just now reading it and thought I'd give my 2 cents as well :)

I couldn't agree more with what you've read! It is worth every penny!! My husband and I went in June... there were 12 of us on our bus and it was a BLAST! The scenery is gorgeous and most of the shots are pretty good! Some were so good that we ordered them as full size drinks! Some were really bad (but in their defense... I do NOT like black licorice). In addition to the shots, I ordered a Bahama Mama at the first stop, and a Banana Mama at the 2nd stop. I can honestly say those were 2 of the best drinks I've EVER had... and I'm 30, so I've done my share of drinking, and it wasn't that long ago. ;)

As far as the costs are concerned... I always try to break things down and see what each individual thing would cost me, instead of just looking at the total cost.

4+ Shots... easily $20 in the US!

A "cab" ride (in an air conditioned bus) to the OTHER side of the island... $10 each way

A Tour of the island... $20/$25

Entertainment at the bars and new friends on the bus... PRICELESS

Bottom Line is... 4-5 Hours of Fun for $50... that's like $10 an hour! TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Planning out the packing...a little over 2 weeks! What did you or are you wearing for this? I was thinking a sundress over my suit. But is there time to get some sun or get in the water?

On our bar hop the weather was pretty iffy but some folks had time to take a dip in the water. Do bring a change of clothes if you get cold easily.

I'm sure this was asked before, but going through 53 pages to find the answer?

How long is the tour? Any danger of missing the ship?

The tour is about five hours. The tour operator is very good with getting their clients back to the ship with time to spare.

We booked a group from our roll call, got a small discount, and they picked us up very close to the ship's dock and returned us to the ship! Call them or email them your ship's name and date and they will confirm pickup times and return times. If you form a group you can actually ask for custom pick up and drop off times!

Planning out the packing...a little over 2 weeks! What did you or are you wearing for this? I was thinking a sundress over my suit. But is there time to get some sun or get in the water?

You say a little over 2 weeks..are you going on Nov 30th? If so, we will be joining you!

Archived