Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Just got back on Thursday and had a blast. This was my third time in Cozumel and the east side of the island is something to see. The food at Rasta's was also good, we had coconut shrimp, yummy!

Just got back on Thursday and had a blast. This was my third time in Cozumel and the east side of the island is something to see. The food at Rasta's was also good, we had coconut shrimp, yummy!
It was great meeting you all!! You're right - the coconut shrimp were yummy.

You have to try really hard to have bad time on the bar hop. We get to go back on Oct 4 and really looking forward to showing our DHs how much fun it is. My mouth is watering just thinking about the yummy food at Rastas and oh yea the awesome shots and drinks at all of our stops :p

Oh you are sooooooo lucky! There still aren't enough people signed up for the date we're there (28th May), we're two people short. This was the only excursion I really wanted to do. Guess we'll be stuck on some over-priced ship tour now. :(

Oh you are sooooooo lucky! There still aren't enough people signed up for the date we're there (28th May), we're two people short. This was the only excursion I really wanted to do. Guess we'll be stuck on some over-priced ship tour now. :(

Have you solicited other roll calls for the ships that will be in port on the same day as you? Sometimes that helps.

Have you solicited other roll calls for the ships that will be in port on the same day as you? Sometimes that helps.

Yeah, to death, ;) We got a couple more but not enough. It's a shame when you can't even get 6 people from 4 huge ships to take a tour.

I was on the bar hop May 4th,we had a great time, enjoyed all of the stops (and the drinks), extra special thanks to Greg and Tom for your extra assistance with my daughter Jessica. Hope to see you next time we are in Cozumel, which I hope is soon as I am having cruise withdrawl big time.:eek:

thanks again

Lynda

Jessica

Tasha

Yeah, to death, ;) We got a couple more but not enough. It's a shame when you can't even get 6 people from 4 huge ships to take a tour.

I agree totally. We had 7 people from our ship, 1 from another ship that joined a week or so before. The day of the trip Greg told us that he had 2 gals from the mainland (staying at a hotel) comming along. We waiting for them for awhile, but they had ferry trouble so our group left and the two gals were driven seperately to the first bar to meet up with us.

We were there on Saturday, May 15 and had a blast! Greg was terrific and Manuel (the driver) was great! We had sooo much fun and would book this tour again in a heart beat! That side of the island is extremely beautiful! Great time!

For those of you who have been on the tour recently...I got my email for my tour in 6 days...it was a bit confusing.

The legend usually docks at the southernmost pier, correct?

Will I need a taxi to get to the NO NAME BAR? Is it at the Barracuda Hotel?

The email said a 2 minute walk, but it doesn't seem that way looking at maps...maybe they or maybe I am confused with which pier the Carnival Legend is docking at.....

Any help/advise is appreciated.

I agree totally. We had 7 people from our ship, 1 from another ship that joined a week or so before. The day of the trip Greg told us that he had 2 gals from the mainland (staying at a hotel) comming along. We waiting for them for awhile, but they had ferry trouble so our group left and the two gals were driven seperately to the first bar to meet up with us.

Debbie, I had lunch the next day with them in PDC and extended the bar hop to several more while there. They were definetly enjoying their time in Mexico and were talking about taking another trip down in a few months. Michael :D

Debbie, I had lunch the next day with them in PDC and extended the bar hop to several more while there. They were definetly enjoying their time in Mexico and were talking about taking another trip down in a few months. Michael :D

Michael,

Who did you have lunch with? What is PDC? What other bars did you go to?

Michael,

Who did you have lunch with? What is PDC? What other bars did you go to?

Sorry, the two gals that made the tour with us. PDC-Playa del Carmen, It was the Fantasy's next stop. The beach there is lined with dozens of beach bars. We had arranged to meet and have lunch. Ended up spending the afternoon with them seeing how many of the beach bars that we could hit in 4 hours. I lost count after the tequila started flowing. Somewhere along the line some other folks from the ship joined us. Got a little crazy but harmless fun was had by all. We all made it back to the ship OK. Michael

Sorry, the two gals that made the tour with us. PDC-Playa del Carmen, It was the Fantasy's next stop. The beach there is lined with dozens of beach bars. We had arranged to meet and have lunch. Ended up spending the afternoon with them seeing how many of the beach bars that we could hit in 4 hours. I lost count after the tequila started flowing. Somewhere along the line some other folks from the ship joined us. Got a little crazy but harmless fun was had by all. We all made it back to the ship OK. Michael

After we got back to port we went to Fat Tuesday and had yet another huge drink. On the way back to the ship we noticed a young couple fighting. The gal was extremely drunk. She was swearing, etc. and her "other" was saying" April, come back. We just got married on Saturday" We all thought that this was gonna be bad. So, to make a long story a little shorter. The guy ended up beating his wife up and she was taken off on a stretcher and the guy jumped overboard when they came to arrest him. We were delayed 2 hours while they tried to get him into a pilot boat. Crazy stuff.

We wish we could of joined you guys in PDC....could of been more fun.

After we got back to port we went to Fat Tuesday and had yet another huge drink. On the way back to the ship we noticed a young couple fighting. The gal was extremely drunk. She was swearing, etc. and her "other" was saying" April, come back. We just got married on Saturday" We all thought that this was gonna be bad. So, to make a long story a little shorter. The guy ended up beating his wife up and she was taken off on a stretcher and the guy jumped overboard when they came to arrest him. We were delayed 2 hours while they tried to get him into a pilot boat. Crazy stuff.

We wish we could of joined you guys in PDC....could of been more fun.

Debbie, heard a bit about that, crazy. 2 young lives ruined for ever. Michael

I was on the barhopping bus May 12th. We had a great time, super drinks, good food and the greatest company.

There were 4 girls on our tour from the Legend, and 4 of us from the Solstice. The Legend and the Solstice were almost right next door to each other. We had different piers, but all within eyesight easily. The no name bar is right across the street. Good hook up spot.

The sights on the east side of Cozumel are just beautiful. The colors of the water are so blue!!! The bars are all friendly and safe and FUN! Greg is a great host and knows all about the island.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer.:):D

Linda

For those of you who have been on the tour recently...I got my email for my tour in 6 days...it was a bit confusing.

The email said a 2 minute walk, but it doesn't seem that way looking at maps...maybe they or maybe I am confused with which pier the Carnival Legend is docking at.....

If everyone is from the same ship they will pick you up at that ship's pier.

If you are from ships at different piers you will have to meet at some place as the taxi laws will not allow them to pick up people at different places.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat!:mad: DW and I are it so far. I tried the roll call threads and 2 of the 4 ships in port on June 26th don't even have roll calls! Arrgh!

I've got this booked for October 21st when we arrive on the Oasis. So far, 4 people are booked. I hope more come along so we can go. I've never seen the other side of the island in all the times I've been to Cozumel.

Judy

No Name just opened up a SECOND location right across the street from the International pier (that RCCL owns) and Puerta Maya (that Carnival owns)...

we were just there last month.

Their other location is at the Barracuda Hotel.....but if the email says a 2 minute walk...then they are talking about the NEW second location. It is right outside the port area and across the street.

Enjoy!!!

the tour guides will make the meeting place very easy and very convienant for all hoppers! There are 6 of us already for Oct 4.. I havent hit roll calls up yet..little too early...

But having done this tour in Jan, I will have to say it is the BOMB!!! so much fun, laughter! It truly is the was a vacation is supposed to be~

Anyone booked for September 18, 2010??? for this bar hop tour?? Just curious...We will be at port this day and trying to decide if we should book or not...roll call dead so far so wondering if other cruisers on another ship are booked.

Archived