PVP no longer with carnival....

bfkkbc

Just by happenstance I found out that my PVP is no longer with Carnival. Called with a question and got a recording. Shouldn't they have let all of her people know that things were changing? Not a big deal, just a little concerned. Cruise is paid in full. And am doing e-docs. but she never did send me an email or statement showing a 0.00 balance. I guess anyone there can help me with that??:confused:

Just by happenstance I found out that my PVP is no longer with Carnival. Called with a question and got a recording. Shouldn't they have let all of her people know that things were changing? Not a big deal, just a little concerned. Cruise is paid in full. And am doing e-docs. but she never did send me an email or statement showing a 0.00 balance. I guess anyone there can help me with that??:confused:

Turnover is very high in the PVP dept, either because they quit, get fired or promoted.

Carnival doesnt notify you of a PVP leaving or send you emails showing a 0 balance.

Yes, you can just speak with anyone that answers the 800#

Have a wonderful cruise.

I have talked to someone different every time I have called on this cruise - just spoke with someone very nice today and asked him his name and extention for future reference and he said he would be happy to help me with anything anytime. But, you can talk to anyone or ask for a specific person / extension.

It IS amazing...! I had one girl I REALLY liked tho' I never booked thru her... :p All of a sudden, she was gone (promoted from what I heard), and I was receiving e-mails from another PVP! :(

Didn't really care for the new one assigned to me, but have found another that I really like...:)

ps: The 800# doesn't necessarily connect you to a PVP... Altho' the CCL 'Rep' who answers, can help you with most any concern, including payments/changes.. :cool:

It IS amazing...! I had one girl I REALLY liked tho' I never booked thru her... :p All of a sudden, she was gone (promoted from what I heard), and I was receiving e-mails from another PVP! :(

Didn't really care for the new one assigned to me, but have found another that I really like...:)

ps: The 800# doesn't necessarily connect you to a PVP... Altho' the CCL 'Rep' who answers, can help you with most any concern, including payments/changes.. :cool:

I like to call after business hours(midnight to 3am) so that means never speaking directly with a PVP. I have never got anything but excellent service.

it happens...my PVP left...finally told by covering person they were my rep via mass email.....she is totally inept(NO communication re: cruise changes) and annoying(when I did finally get to speak to her..she was very annoyed that she had to pick up extra work!) . and does not reply to email and phones messages take weeks....hoping when I book again..I get someone who is communicative and cares....because I know there are many great Carnival reps out there....!!!

I like to call after business hours(midnight to 3am) so that means never speaking directly with a PVP. I have never got anything but excellent service.
I have called late at night (after 9 PM), and have actually booked thru the Rep with no problems...:)

For some reason, tho', I like the tho't of my own personal PVP! :rolleyes: :D

Remember if for some reason you don't "clicK" with the next PVP you get...keep trying until you find someone you are really comfortable with.

We have had our PVP for years!!!

Bfkkbc,

I wonder if we had the same PVP. Her initials were PP. I really liked her and she was always very helpful. Lately I have been getting emails from someone else who so far hasn't replied to any of my emails. It has been a few days. My other PVP always replied to me within an hour or so, most of the time it was minutes. I think it would have been nice if Carnival at least told me that she wasn't going to be my PVP anymore and that my new one was________. I know it isn't required, but it would have been courteous since I had developed a good relationship with her.

Bfkkbc,

I wonder if we had the same PVP. Her initials were PP. I really liked her and she was always very helpful. Lately I have been getting emails from someone else who so far hasn't replied to any of my emails. It has been a few days. My other PVP always replied to me within an hour or so, most of the time it was minutes. I think it would have been nice if Carnival at least told me that she wasn't going to be my PVP anymore and that my new one was________. I know it isn't required, but it would have been courteous since I had developed a good relationship with her.

Nope, not the same one. However, called 1800 and the guy transferred me to the supervisors line and was on hold for 7 minutes before I hung up and called back and got a very nice pvp and she said that she was going to help me and only partially did what I needed and called back and got another extremely nice person who was a super help, so I got her name and email and extension. So in the end, got what I needed, so not all was lost!!!;)

Hmmm interesting replies on how they handle PVPs that have left or moved on. My old PVP never really impressed me a whole lot - I called to make final payment on a cruise the day after I had returned from one, (both booked through her, plus 4 others) and I was a little miffed that she didn't even ask me how it was! She was efficient, but never friendly, and I figured that's just how it was.

But a few months later I got an e-mail saying she had left the company, and I now had a new PVP assigned. A few days later I got a card in the mail with about 5 business cards inside with my new PVP's info. I've talked to him a few times and booked a cruise with him and absolutely LOVE him.

So who knows? Maybe it'll work out for the best and you'll get a PVP that you 'click' with. I know I did! :D

It is nice having a PVP...I couldn't get a hold of mine last weekend to make my final payment, however, so I just called the Carnival # and spoke to another rep. He sent me a 0.00 balance invoice via e-mail. :)

It is nice having a PVP...I couldn't get a hold of mine last weekend to make my final payment, however, so I just called the Carnival # and spoke to another rep. He sent me a 0.00 balance invoice via e-mail. :)

Yep!!! that is what I ended up doing!!! Got all of the emails and invoices in no time!!:)

I had a great PVP last year but he has been promoted. I called him and left a message saying that I was ready to book another one. He had another PVP call me back and I did not like her at all. She sure needs to go through training again cuz she could hardly answer any questions for me. Also, she was a little on the rude side and not helpful at all. I decided to go through the travel agency that I had used for my first cruise. The travel agent I got was pretty new and had to refer to her supervisor for questions she didn't have the answer for. She was very helpful, friendly and never got tired of my endless questions. I have booked three cruises through her in the last 6 months and I am getting ready to book another one. I guess I could always find a PVP that I like but I just love my new travel agent so I will be sticking with her as long as she stays with the small local travel agency!

Same thing has happened to me on 2 out of my 3 cruises. Probably the only reason it didn't happen on the first cruise was that I did not use a PVP on that one. ;)

I read on the boards all the time about all these people who have had the same "wonderful" PVP for years and years........I guess I'm glad to know that it isn't just me that has revolving PVPs! :p

I guess its luck of the draw as to who you get. I have had 3 PVP's so far. I got my 4th PVP as my previous PVP was on vacation and referred me to my current PVP for the week she was gone. She eventually left Carnival and instead of taking the new PVP, I contacted the PVP that was helpful for the week the other was on vacation. I just enjoy him so much. I have called numerous times and only once have I had to leave a message. He ALWAYS answers the phone. When I did leave a message, I had a return call in less than an hour. I always tell him thats why I like him so much, as he ALWAYS answers the phone. He has gotten us upgrades and onboard credits. We even had to change from 4 rooms to 3 rooms and move categorys, and he seemed to find rooms and save us money. If he leaves, I am sure it will take me some time to find another one that I like as much as him.

I've never had a PVP... and never had a problem.

I just call the 1-888 number, and speak to the first person... they've all got your cruise details on computer.

I've called Carnival at 1.30am before with a problem... and had it sorted immediately!!

What PVP could do that??

I found out my PVP was gone after I e-mailed her about another cruise and got a response from a new person who said she was taking over for the first PVP. This one doesn't impress me at all...she refuses to respond to e-mails, she never answers the phone when I try to call her, and I don't think she ever has understood that I have a cruise booked for this year. It seems she only will deal with the cruise I booked with her for next year. I plan to go back to a TA next time so I will have someone I can contact when I need to ask questions.

Carnival just closed their call center in Fort Pierce, laying off about two thirds of the PVP's that worked there. This could be why your PVP is no longer there.

I had a wonderful PVP that I considered my friend as much as my PVP. She called me and told me that she was quitting to be a wife and mother, and she told me that she had transferred all my bookings over to someone else.

The new PVP was similar to what others on this thread have mentioned: wouldn't return calls/emails, I couldn't understand her, she couldn't answer questions, etc. I called and spoke to a supervisor and he switched me to another PVP. That PVP seemed fine, until I caught her in a lie. She was trying to sway me away from a ship/itinerary that we really wanted to do so I would book another cruise that SHE thought would be better for us. I knew that she was lying to me about some details and I called her on it. She stammered a bit and started getting very defensive so I just quit contacting her and now I only use the 800 number to take care of everything. I get a different person every time and each time I'm treated very well and they've been very honest with me.

I would go back to my original PVP in a heartbeat if she came back, but until that happens (which it won't....we still keep in contact privately)....I'll keep talking to whomever answers the phone when I call. :)

Archived