just off destiny 9/21-9/27

jamers113

I have just compleated my 10th carnival cruise. If this was my first it would have been our last. What a joke it was supose to be in dry dock for a month yet it was the dirtisest carnival ship I,ve seen. The windows on the lido deck were so dirty you could hardly look out! they remained that way the entire cruise even tho it was brought to the attention of senior officers several times. We hardly had any announcments from cruise director and saw him very little even tho we went to most events. Our 7th floor balcony room we asked for extended balcony got that but had a bathroom so small you had to stand in corner to shut door forget about 2 people in bathroom . We had a toilet that flushed when it felt like it once while I was sitting on it!! finally got that fixed last day of cruise. We got to the VIP room at the terminal not enough seats no drinksor food. sat on floor till2;45pm then herded like cattle to ship another hour till we finally boarded.I REALLY felt like a VIP!!! We finally departed 730pm told we wont be late for key west. HA HA! WE were and we missed our private fishing charter. I could go on and on . But wont because i have been verry happy with carnival in past. I hope people that this is their first experiance with carnival will give it another chance. Im calling custemer relations and Im sure they'll do somthing for us they want your buisness. sugest others do too. This was how not to run a cruise!!!

I don't think Carnival will give compensation for dirty windows or a small bathroom.

We actually arrived in Key West just a half hour late... which was very good in my opinion, considering we left Miami 4 hours late.

I agree about not seeing the CD.. he was conspicuous by his absence... but his annoying assistant, Jen, was always around, shrieking and wailing!!

I think you were lucky to be in the VIP lounge with not enough seats... many people waited 3 hours outside in the 90 deg. sun!!

DH and I decided to ignore a few small problems... and we had an excellent cruise.... and we loved the ports of call.

We are also keeping in mind this was a cheap cruise.... we got great food, excellent service, and it cost us less than a week staying at home!!

It wasn't our best ever cruise.... but small problems wouldn't have me rushing to complain to customer service!!

For what we paid, I still consider we had great value for money!!

We hardly had any announcments from cruise director and saw him very little even tho we went to most events. !

I don't know if it's just me, but i couldn't care less if I saw the cruise director or not:confused: I guess I pay too much attention to the ports, food and having fun.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it's just me, but i couldn't care less if I saw the cruise director or not:confused: I guess I pay too much attention to the ports, food and having fun.:rolleyes:

Good point Lori... and, as stated before, we saw TOO MUCH of the assistant CD!!

We go on the Destiny in 2 weeks... a cruise is what you make of it. I called Carnival today and asked about the October Recharge promo and they actually gave us a $140.32 OBC which is awesome. We love Carnival. We have sailed her ships at least once every 6 months. I guess we don't expect much since are first cruise was on the Holiday one of her oldest ships so everything from there on can only go up.

Cruising is an awesome experience, take it for what it is and enjoy yourself!!!

I guess everyone thinks I was to critical WE got to gangway and were first off 45minutes late at key west. but After talking to customer relations today they did give us 25% off our next cruise We love Carnival And I just wanted people to know that wasnt the norm. WE booked number 11 today feb09 YES we HAD an Great cruise.

We got to the VIP room at the terminal not enough seats no drinksor food. sat on floor till2;45pm then herded like cattle to ship another hour till we finally boarded.I REALLY felt like a VIP!!!

I have never had food or drink in the VIP lounge, do they do this at some ports? I mean there are vending machines around the terminals I've been in, but that's it.

Archived