Dinner Times

sprat10

First cruise and PUMPED! Want to hear opinions on dinner times? 6:30 seems early and 8-8:30 seems late? I dont want to crash after dinner and be so full I cant have a good time, but I dont want to go to early and cut time out from excursions and early activities? I know 6:30 dinner means 5-5:30 prep time for GF :D

First cruise and PUMPED! Want to hear opinions on dinner times? 6:30 seems early and 8-8:30 seems late? I dont want to crash after dinner and be so full I cant have a good time, but I dont want to go to early and cut time out from excursions and early activities? I know 6:30 dinner means 5-5:30 prep time for GF :D

I've had both dinner times and I must say I prefer early seating. Yes there is earlier prep time but I hate that overstuffed feeling so late at night. Both have their pros and cons but only you can decide which works best for you. Have a great first cruise and be prepared to be addicted!:)

We also prefer early since we're used to eating early at home and so we're not too tired for the shows or other entertainment after dinner. We had no problem getting back in time after excursions but you can check excursion times so you can plan ahead. Enjoy your first cruise! :)

Please delete you multiple/identical posts. Just pick one.

Brt49, lighten up....the OP probably just clicked "submit reply" a couple of times when it didn't immediately load...it's happened to all of us.

sprat10...I've found that early seating works well for us. Late seating often presents problems for missing events or rushing to events later in the evening. Early seating doesn't really conflict with excursions. You're back on the ship already!

Enjoy your cruise!

This is our issue at dinner as well. We typically eat early at home but on the cruise it's harder because there is so much food. I missed out on lunch alot because I was afraid to eat too much given that we had early dinner. For us the anytime dining will be perfect as it will let it back up our dinner time to 6:30-7ish or later if we want. Your port times will play into what will work best for you as well. If you have several late ports then early dinner will mean that you will miss parts of those port times. If your port times are all fairly early then you won't miss much but it won't give you much time for a quick nap when you get back on board. Lots of things to consider :)

Archived