Dinner Times

sprat10

First cruise and PUMPED! Want to hear opinions on dinner times? 6:30 seems early and 8-8:30 seems late? I dont want to crash after dinner and be so full I cant have a good time, but I dont want to go to early and cut time out from excursions and early activities? I know 6:30 dinner means 5-5:30 prep time for GF :D

Sprat, to answer your question: It's up to you. I prefer the early seating, because after dinner I can relax and get ready for a night of fun. Remember most of the time, if you want to change your seating time, just go the Maitre'd and ask him. Sometimes they can switch you.

Please delete the multiple/identical posts and just pick one.

Also, look at the time the ship departs each port. You may not have to cut excursions short. I know for my cruise next year, the ship leaves every port by 4-5:00 so I will not have to cut excursions short since we have to be back on the ship with plenty of time to get ready for dinner at 6 anyways.

On our last cruise we ate at 6:15. While it was nice to eat early, as our girls were able to head to camp carnival and hang with their friends in the evening. The adults found that after dinner we were a little bored (We were on the Holiday) until the shows started around 9:30 or 10:00. This time we have decided to eat at the 8 pm (hopefully). I think this will give us more time to enjoy the excursions and not leave us "hanging out" waiting for the shows to start!

Will you have any kids with you? If you will, then keep in mind that Camp Carnival/Club O2 have a lot of cool activities planned during the late dinner times. We had late dinner this time and the girls missed out on some cool stuff.

When we travel without kids, we like to do late dinner. We also plan to stay out later, but you know we are getting older and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't! 02gb-bubble-loser.gif

I prefer late seating. I get to enjoy the pool and ports longer. I try to take as little time as possible getting ready so that I can go get a drink before dinner or have pictures taken.

Also, I'm not sure when the Liberty starts this but it's supposed to be joining the trial for flexible dining.

We always get the latest seating . . . that way we can do an excursion, get back on board late afternoon, go to the Lido, split a cheeseburger and have a boat drink, go back to our stateroom, shower, take a nap, dress leisurely, go walk about, and finally eat dinner. We do, however, prefer a lighter meal for dinner which is totally do-able with their varied menu. Of course, finishing it off with Chocolate Melting Cake . . . what else!!

Archived