Best Caribbean Ports

alpha1phi

Wondering which ports people have had the best times...

I have been on a Caribbean and Alaskan cruise in the past. I really enjoyed both - but felt that the ports had the same shops and not much to do unless you did excursions the whole time.

We do plan on doing some excursions - but wondering if there are ports entertaining in itself

Thanks!

Beth :o

I have been on a Caribbean and Alaskan cruise in the past. I really enjoyed both - but felt that the ports had the same shops and not much to do unless you did excursions the whole time.

We do plan on doing some excursions - but wondering if there are ports entertaining in itself

Thanks!

Beth, I think my favorite Caribbean port would have to be St. Martin. It just seems to offer anything and everything. From some great beaches, both near the cruise port or easy access by taxi, to the best prices for shopping, to an all around fun atmosphere. We have sailed to most of the Caribbean ports in the past, and St. Martin is always a stand out for us.

Thanks!

Last February, we found Castries, St. Lucia to be interesting, and not typical of the tourist-oriented ports of the Caribbean. It was slightly urban, with several office builidings. The local citizens were going about their daily routine of work, shopping and school. The Catholic Cathedral was very unique, with a bright and colorful interior. The city market had a special aroma and ambience. We also felt pretty safe, and we stayed within about 10 city blocks from the ship.

We have been to numerous Caribbean ports, and Castries was a special place that gave us a pleasant impression.

DavidnSteph

• 2 weeks later...

Archived