Favorite things to do in and around Cozumel

well, i didn't have such a great experience in cozumel.

half the time was spent trying to get our money back for mopeds.

a group of 10 of us had rented 7 mopeds. we all have had experience driving them. they were available for rent right as you got off of the ship. as soon as we got on them, we realized they weren't exactly .. up to par? the breaks didn't seem to work too well on mine (if at all...) and i told the man running the moped rentals, and he advised me - "you'll be fine, just go slower than everyone else and you'll be able to stop" .. LOL. i just found that humorous.

anyway, right as we began to drive away .. in the middle of a busy street .. my brother (with his girlfriend on the back) started going, and was unable to stop (just go slow!!! you'll be fine!! -- even though he was going no more than 10mph..) and slammed into a guardrail. they both went flying off and the moped landed on top of them -- IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! scary stuff. luckily they were both okay.

definitely a crazy situation, but we made the best of our day in cozumel at paradise beach and my brother's girlfriend tried not to let the whole event ruin the day :o

needless to say, be wary of the mopeds you may rent!

Archived