Cozumel and Progresso time

kolebyt1996

Cozumel, Progreso, New Orleans and Mobile are all in the central time zone. Daylight Saving time is observed in all four places so ship time and port time will be the same.

The only cruise dates where time can be an issue is late October/early November, and in March/early April. Since daylight saving time was expanded here in the USA the time changes don't coincide. The two ports will be one hour behind ship time during those cruises if the ship makes no change.

Okay, now I'm confused.

I'm leaving on Saturday, Nov 1st. That is the night Daylight Savings Time ends. Does that mean both Cozumel and Progresso will still be on Daylight Savings Time? i.e., Don't we FALL back on the ship, so Mexico will stay the same. 9:00am on ship, 10:00am port? So they will be one hour AHEAD from the ship? Oh, man, I hope I can get this in my head :o

Pamela

Hi Pam,

Mexico changes its time on Oct 26th.

United States changes its time on Nov 2nd.

So you are not going to have to worry about it as the times will be the same by the time you get to your first port. The Ecstasy will change its time at 2am on November 2nd. You arrive in Cozumel on Nov 3rd.

I would look at going to Uxmal. It is just as beautiful as Chitzen Itza but without all the crowds. It looks like you will be in port the opposite days as us on the Fantasy.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I feel so much better about that mix up in my mind about time difference! One less thing to think about.

Dave, you mentioned Uxmal Ruins. We were thinking between Uxmel or Xcambo. Which is closer? I don't want to spend a lot of time traveling. We are on a tight budget. My DS wants any ruins, then a beach day without the inclusive resort. Just on a beach with food and drink nearby. I think we are planning on taking a taxi to the market for a little shopping.

Thanks so much for your input! :)

Pamela

Thanks Dave,

I feel so much better about that mix up in my mind about time difference! One less thing to think about.

Dave, you mentioned Uxmal Ruins. We were thinking between Uxmel or Xcambo. Which is closer? I don't want to spend a lot of time traveling. We are on a tight budget. My DS wants any ruins, then a beach day without the inclusive resort. Just on a beach with food and drink nearby. I think we are planning on taking a taxi to the market for a little shopping.

Thanks so much for your input! :)

Pamela

Hi Pamela, you wont have to take a taxi as the market is within walking distance of the beach. Go to http://www.yucatantoday.com A lot of great information for this area to include maps.

Xcambo is closer to Progreso along the coast. Uxmal is to the SW of Merida. In your case it might be cheaper to take a taxi to Xcambo and then to the beach.

Dave

Archived