Compass Rewards Program Ends

Host Kewlguy

Yes, as previously stated, there is a number to call BOM concerning questions about the Compass Rewards Program. Unfortunately, NOBODY there has a clue what is going on with respect to the program. I've called them too many times to count and haven't talked to anyone who could give me a straight answer concerning when I will receive my Compass Reward Certificates. My December statement indicated that certificates will be autimatically sent out and would be received by January 30, 2009. The letter BOM sent dated January 5th advised that certificates would be received by January 31, 2009. Today is 1/30/09 & surprise, surprise there were no certificates in my mailbox. I'm VERY unhappy about this as I already booked a cruise in anticipation of receiving the certificates. I even checked with BOM prior to making the booking to make sure I will receive them by the promised time of 1/30/09 and was assured that I would. My personal cruise consultant at NCL advised that I can use the certificates for the booking as long as they receive them prior to my cruise which is in March. Now I have to worry about whether or not they will arrive on time. I know I could use them for a future cruise, but unfortunately due to an devastating illness my father was just diagnosed with, and also for financial reasons, I likely won't be in a position to cruise again by the time the certificates expire.

Well, I just spoke to a Hillary at BOM who was just wonderful! Good to know that BOM has some examplary employees who are willing to go above and beyond. She advised that the certificates were sent out on 1/10/09 and must be lost. She said she would send out new certificates and I should receive them within 7-10 business days. She was extremely helpful and seemed to be very knowledgable so at least now I"m hopeful!!

Yes, as previously stated, there is a number to call BOM concerning questions about the Compass Rewards Program. Unfortunately, NOBODY there has a clue what is going on with respect to the program. I've called them too many times to count and haven't talked to anyone who could give me a straight answer concerning when I will receive my Compass Reward Certificates. My December statement indicated that certificates will be autimatically sent out and would be received by January 30, 2009. The letter BOM sent dated January 5th advised that certificates would be received by January 31, 2009. Today is 1/30/09 & surprise, surprise there were no certificates in my mailbox. I'm VERY unhappy about this as I already booked a cruise in anticipation of receiving the certificates. I even checked with BOM prior to making the booking to make sure I will receive them by the promised time of 1/30/09 and was assured that I would. My personal cruise consultant at NCL advised that I can use the certificates for the booking as long as they receive them prior to my cruise which is in March. Now I have to worry about whether or not they will arrive on time. I know I could use them for a future cruise, but unfortunately due to an devastating illness my father was just diagnosed with, and also for financial reasons, I likely won't be in a position to cruise again by the time the certificates expire.

Well, I just spoke to a Hillary at BOM who was just wonderful! Good to know that BOM has some examplary employees who are willing to go above and beyond. She advised that the certificates were sent out on 1/10/09 and must be lost. She said she would send out new certificates and I should receive them within 7-10 business days. She was extremely helpful and seemed to be very knowledgable so at least now I"m hopeful!!

Not so sure I believe Hillary - everyone else waiting for those 1/31 certificates is still waiting. The new line from BOA is mid-Feb. If the certificates are so late that you can not use them, I would call BOM and tell them you are going to register a formal complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Affairs of your state's office of the attorney general. I have had this line get action for me in several mail-order situatiions. Actually, in my state (PA) that office does an excellent job of investigating complaints.

"Well, I just spoke to a Hillary at BOM who was just wonderful! Good to know that BOM has some examplary employees who are willing to go above and beyond. She advised that the certificates were sent out on 1/10/09 and must be lost. She said she would send out new certificates and I should receive them within 7-10 business days. She was extremely helpful and seemed to be very knowledgable so at least now I"m hopeful!! "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hillary may have been very helpful and nice but she sure doen't know what is going on either. If your certificates were lost so were the thousands and thousands of others, who are also waiting patiently for them. Maybe BOA sold them and gave their executives some more perks.

Just got my letter from BOA. They screwed up big time. I got one $100 upgrade certificate. Letter says I had 55 points as of Dec 31. I should have had over 1800 points. I'm talking to a BOA account manager now who doesn't know much about this program. I had to walk him through the process. He found reference to the mailings (starting Feb 2), and now I'm on hold. Stay tuned.

Just got my letter from BOA. They screwed up big time. I got one $100 upgrade certificate. Letter says I had 55 points as of Dec 31. I should have had over 1800 points. I'm talking to a BOA account manager now who doesn't know much about this program. I had to walk him through the process. He found reference to the mailings (starting Feb 2), and now I'm on hold. Stay tuned.

ok, he just got back on the phone. Apparantly, they don't have any information on their system to do the research. He forwarded a request to the redemption department to research my problem. I should get a call or letter from them. We'll see.............

ok, he just got back on the phone. Apparantly, they don't have any information on their system to do the research. He forwarded a request to the redemption department to research my problem. I should get a call or letter from them. We'll see.............

I am having the same problem..they converted my 500 points to 3000 worldpoints - that's worth less than $50!!!

BOA screwed me as well. I've only received three 100 point certificates on one of my accounts, stating I only had 250 points in my account. I should have received one $500 certificate because I should have earned an additional 250 points from the time of my closing statement until December 31st.

While I know BOA is trying to take the stance that you couldn't earn points past your December statement date, that is a violation of their own terms and conditions for the card (and even NCL seems to be supporting that you were eligible to earn points through December 31st).

The Compass Rewards Program Rules specifically state (in Section 13 on pages 6 and 7):

Changing the Terms of the Program - FIA Services, N.A. and/or NCL may from time to time change or limit any aspect of the Program; amend the Program Rules, restrictions, benefits or features, in whole or in part; discontinue or replace any Reward with another of lesser, equal or greater value; or modify, delete or terminate any or all of the Program, Rewards, benefits or special features. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and Points, and may include, but are not limited to, the number of Points required to receive Rewards, and the maximum number of Points which may be earned per month or year. In the case of termination of the Program, you may continue earning Points for ninety (90) days from the date notice of termination of the program is mailed. One hundred twenty (120) days from the date notice of termination of the Program is mailed, if your cumulative total of available Points is sufficient to qualify, and you meet all other eligibility requirements described in the Program Rules, then we will send you the appropriate number of Certificates. Each Certificate issued in connection with the termination of the Program will be honored by NCL, Orient, and/or Star for three hundred sixty-five (365) days from its date of issue.
We were all notified in letters dated October 1st. 90 days from October 1st is December 31st.

I think we need to make them stick to their own Program Rules. Use their own Rules against them in your letters and phone calls and DO NOT allow them to try to push through the inability to earn points after your December statement closing date.

I posted this on a different thread but thought it would be beneficial if I would post it here also:

I am a little confused on what my next step is. For our 638 points, we received one $500 cert and one $100 upgrade, both on the same page. These are our first certificates, we only enrolled in the program in June 08.

I understand that I send the certs to the address on the form but both certs are on the same page. Will NCL just log the certs in and then I have to call them and tell them which cert I will being using on our cruises?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

As a bankruptcy Attorney, I am more then familiar with the financial difficulty facing many businesses. However, in a time where creative marketing may mean the difference between survival and liquidation, I believe NCL and BOA made a big mistake.

I know I used my NCL card much more then any other card, as a result of the great return on investment. My DW and I have cruised 3 times in the last 5 years on NCL, even though we much prefer Carnival. I must say, my incentive to incur interest payable to BOA is significantly deminished as a result. In the same vien, I will be much less likely to cruise NCL in the future, as out of pocket, I would rather pay twords Disney or Carnival with the family.

Archived