Solstice April 5th Cruise

cruiser53

Hey Guys, thanks for all the responses.

I have to say that I also have a love/hate relationship with ties - I love the way they look but I hate the way they feel like a nuice.

I may just opt for a dark suit with an open collar shirt. The less we have to bring the better :).

Now for the next question - boxers or briefs? Oh, I did NOT just type that :)

Cheers!

John

Hi Guys,

I received this email from my T/A thought you would be interested.

"I just received some clarification of the dining for Aqua Spa guests on the SOLSTICE.

You are confirmed at second seating - but at the BLU RESTAURANT, and, it is open, meaning that there are no specific table assignments. Only Aqua Spa class is assigned to this restaurant, however suite passengers can pay extra to dine there, as an alternative restaurant.

Continental breakfast is served in BLU. Or, if you want, you can go the the main restaurant for breakfast, or the buffet.

There is no lunch served in BLU. Again, you can go to the main restaurant for lunch, or the buffet.

For dinner, you are assigned to BLU, or you can go to the buffet, or any of the alternative dining venues on the ship, but not the main dining room".

Wow - that is so cool about the BLU dining room. I love it that we will be able to dine at our convenience. I have a feeling we are going to be so spoiled in this dining room, we won't want to try any other other dining alternatives as enticing as they look :).

I was taking a look at some of the shore excursions today and found a snorkel trip and beach lunch on a catamaran in St. Kitts (Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea - KT28). I have done this trip a couple of times in the past and it is very nice. The price is $115. That is a hefty price tag for a snorkeling trip. That got me thinking. If we had enough people, 8-12 maybe, we might be able to hire our own boat for snorkeling.

I have checked around the internet a little but haven't started contacting anyone yet because I need a rough idea of how many people would want to go.

Now, finally to the question. Would anyone be interested in going in on a private snorkel charter? There is no commitments yet, I am just curios if anyone else is interested or not.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I took a consensus from my group and it seems no one is interested in the snorkling excursion, at this point anyway..... Sorry.........

Looking forward to meeting all of you guys, sure it will be great, not to long to go, guess we should be receiving our tickets very soon.

Tony & Frank

Hi Guys, Steven and I have just started looking at the shore excursions offered by the cruise lines and haven't come up with any conclusions. We're thinking we may just totally wing it on this cruise and see what the various independent offerings once we arrive in port.

As far as tickets go, we received ours electronically via email. It's convenient and saves money I suppose but it's sure as not as much fun as receiving that little bundle of joy in the mail.

Cheers!

John

John,

I sometimes do that when I cruise. Just wait and see what is offered when I get there or check on-line as there are several web-sites that have shore excursion offerings for the various ports.

I just received a call from the travel agent and said the cruise documents are on their way....Can't wait.

Scott

Hello everyone - count down has begun! My partner and I got off Independence of the Seas 2 weeks ago today and I was SOOO excited to watch us pull into port and park right across from Solstice! I have to say folks, she is one beautiful ship. My entire family was jealous that we would be coming back and sailing on her. So do we want to set up a location to meet for a sail away drink and meet and greet? I am always partial to the mast bar overlooking the pool....

First of all - Scott, I prefer it the "old fashioned" way too but I guess I'll take it any way I can get it - the ticket for the cruise of course!!!!

And, Dean, you guys say where to meet for the sailaway party and we will be there will bells on!!!!

I love being able to say, "Next month we're going on a cruise."

John

Hi Guys,

Well I am picking up our tkts today from our TA, can't wait to get them in my hands.

Re drinks for sailaway, my gourp will all be in for that just let us know where and what time.

Cant believe its almost here....

Ciao

Tony

I think Dean knows the ships pretty well at this point.

Dean, any ideas on where we should all meet for a sailaway party?

As Shirley Bassey would say, "i'm coming up so you better get this party started."

YEAH BABYEE!!!

Hi Guys, I'm going to posting LOTS now as we get closer to the cruise to keep this thread at the forefront and perhaps get back in touch with everyone.

We still have yet to decide upon a location for our sailaway toast!

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE????

Steven and I are arriving Saturday afternoon and are staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 so if any others are at that hotel please let us know and we'll have a cocktail at the hotel to say HI.

By the way, I am SO excited as we've booked a 2 hours Segway Tour in San Juan, PR. We booked directly with the company - I've read nothing by RAVE reviews about them. Since we arrive in port around 1, we booked the 3 p.m. tour. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll give you the link. It could be a BLAST to have a bunch of us on the tour.

We could call it "The Segway Gays" HAHA!

Ok, so can you tell I'm getting excited for this cruise? Even if nobody else posts I'm going to - hahaha!

Cheers!

John In San Diego

So, whoever says we DON'T recruit is lying - HAHAHA!

I found two more of US on the OTHER cruise posting website and and bringing them over to OUR side :)

Jim and his partner (name yet to be known) are from Boston and will be joining us for our sailaway party - LOCATION AND TIME TBD.

And, if nobody else has a suggestion, I'll just decide myself. I'm an Office Manager so I'm sorta good at doing that if I have to :)

HAHAHA!

Archived